Question for the Fitbit Ladies with Boobs

Options
Background: I currently have a Omron and love it (I've had it for about 10 years now), but I ran into a doorway and broke the clip on it. Now the metal prongs dig into me when it's in my pocket, so it's time to get a new pedometer. I always felt weird wearing it to work because of its bulk. I don't usually have pockets/waistband when I am at work, so I decided to get something to, well, slip between the girls during the day.

I am leaning towards the Fitbit One or Zip (don't want a wristband because they don't give a readout of exact steps). I have a large chest, so I am a bit worried about comfort and how well the Zip or One will survive.

So for all the ladies that have the Fitbit One or ZIp that wear it in their bra, how comfortable is it? Can you feel it squished in there? Is it pretty secure (I work with students all day, so there is a lot of bending over)? Does it survive the environment well?

Thanks for any advice,
Henna

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have an older Fitbit (Ultra, maybe??) and I usually wear it in a pants pocket or clipped to my waistband. But there has been no problem when I do wear it in the center of my bra... Except I think it counts a little too high on those days from all the bounce, lol. It stays on there really tight and has never slipped off. (You may want to sprinkle some powder in your cleavage though, because it could get sweaty in there with the plastic and you could get an itchy rash.). It is very comfy and I can't feel it when I do wear it on my bra. The downside (for me) is that I look at the numbers multiple times a day and can pull it out of pocket whenever I like but when I wear it on my bra I need to do it in the restroom so I'm not reaching into my bra :smile:
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32DDD and I put it in the middle between the cups. I don't notice it at all, it doesn't move at all, and it doesn't seem to be affected one bit. I even put it there when I exercise (I have work out bras with underwire) and it's never been a problem. I have the Fitbit One, and the design is better than the older ones which I could sometimes feel and didn't fit on my bra as well. I don't know anything about the zip though.
  • JustSammi
    Options
    I'm large chested, 32F (UK sizes, not sure if it's different elsewhere) and I clip the Fitbit One to my bra. It's very comfortable and it's strong anyway so it's definitely not going to break. :smile: They're really tiny so you can't see it or feel it at all.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Mine's clipped to my bra too, don't even know it's there.
    Love my Fitbit One!
  • Aishteru85
    Aishteru85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One and I'm 40E. It's super comfortable. I clip it in between my cups and the front facing inside the flesh so as to avoid it falling off. I hardly notice I'm wearing it. It's great!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    42DD here and don't even know it's there. Love this little fitness buddy, I love trying to challenge it "see I can do more steps LOL"
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and generally wear it between my breasts as this is the most inconspicuous place to wear it. I hardly feel it at all. The only two downfalls I find of wearing it there are 1) when I exercise I sweat a lot and the One can get quite wet. 2) If you like checking your Fitbit throughout the day it can be quite odd to check "down your shirt" lol
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What they all said. Chesty here too, wear it in the middle of my bra and I don't notice it at all. Wonderful place to put it and really accurate.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I clipped the One to my bra as well. I clip it in the center so it hangs below the boobs, not stuck between them. KWIM?

I use to Flex now. I know the display doesn't show the steps, but it syncs with your smartphone... so you don't have to wait until you're home, and could check the app if you wanted to peek at how many steps you need throughout the day.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this. DH just got a flex and I like the idea but I already wear a watch and bracelets daily. I could stack the flex with my watch, but I'm thinking about getting a One instead.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip and when I am wearing dresses or outfits without pockets, I clip it to the front center of my bra or to the lower part of the left cup if I am wearing a plunge bra/v-neck. Never had a problem with comfort or with tracking accuracy.
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I got my FitBit One in July and have worn it on my bra everyday since. I don't even know it's there - ever. It has never fallen off or come loss - it's very secure! My husband also has a FitBit One and he clips his to his pants pocket; reportedly this works, but has fallen off a few times before so he has to be more careful. I have the FitBit app on my phone so I too use that to check my steps (which automatically syncs to MFP). It's a pretty great tool, I really like it.
  • tinygirldancing
    tinygirldancing Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a zip and wear a 32 DD. When wearing a dress, I usually clip it in between the cups. No problems except when I check it it looks like i'm checking out my boobs lol.
    I prefer to keep it on a waistaband or pocket when I can, though, so I can easily see how many steps I do in a day
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    Fitbit One here. I clip it to the cup - tried both ways - with the device facing inward and outward - didn't feel it either way. I choose to wear it with the device outward, not touching my body - keeps the sweat off of it. It's sweat resistant, but still dont want to take chances.

I would absolutely recommend getting a leash for it. $4 for a pack of them and it's saved my fitbit a few times.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070ZY80Q/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have the One and i forget it's on my bra all the time. I wear mine outward and have no problems at all.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have a zip and wear a 32 DD. When wearing a dress, I usually clip it in between the cups. No problems except when I check it it looks like i'm checking out my boobs lol.
    I prefer to keep it on a waistaband or pocket when I can, though, so I can easily see how many steps I do in a day

Me too!! One of the girls I work with asked me..."are you looking at your boobs?"! Had to pull it out and show her, she just laughed at me!
  • serafin366
    serafin366 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The fitbit one actually sits in the center of my bra, between the twins... I dont even notice it. You could always clip it to the strap or the band in back during the day too.
  • jessicarabbit8
    jessicarabbit8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

So glad I found this thread!

Question- it's a sleep tracker too. I currently use a sleep app religiously!

I never thought to put it in my bra! I'm big boobed so it will easily sit there without an issue.

But... what do you do at night to track your sleep?

I don't wear a bra to bed.

Thanks!
  • jessicarabbit8
    jessicarabbit8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just realised it has a wrist band. I'm SOLD! :)
  • stepkatq
    stepkatq Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am loving the fitbit one. It is so comfortable to wear! So much so, that for the first week I kept feeling between my boobs to make sure it was still there! I don't have overly large boobs but as other have said, doubt it would be a problem even if you did. I wear it clipped to the centre facing out. Very occasionally in some clothes, I need to clip it facing in because you can see it. It seems pretty secure no matter how much bending you do. I also wear it to run and it never slips. the clip is covered in the same grippy rubber as the case so it really holds firm.

I went with the one over the flex because it is more discrete. I don't have the type of job where I can wear the band, although I would love the convenience of the band as far as showering and having it on all the time. All in all though, the one is great, highly recommend.