Insanity without following the nutrition plan?

Options
Can I do the Insanity workout without following the nutrition plan?
Well, clearly I CAN do that but will I still see good results?

I know I will give up if I try to follow the plan because I don't like many of the options so my diet would be very limited.
I calculated I would need 1890calories a day (to lose weight), would I still see results if I didn't follow the plan but still ate 5times a day and included some sort of protein shake in this?
ie:
Meal 1: 300
Meal 2: 400
Meal 3: 300
Meal 4: 590
Meal 5: 300

Has anyone done the workout plan and not used the nutritional plan? how did it go?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with the program and have had great results without following the diet. Would have my results been better had I followed the recommended diet,probably. Here is my day 1. 114_zpsf63c6f71.jpg
    Day 40 :-)CAM00348_zps0bff3c1d.jpg
    I'm really excited to finish the program in 5 days and take my Day 63 pic! :smile:
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    As long as you're following a good nutritional plan... it shouldn't matter that you're not following the plan recommended by insanity.
  • katiekicks
    Options
    I'm starting month 2 today and I haven't followed the diet plan. I am down 8 pounds and 7 inches combined so far. I've just been focusing on eating better i.e. less eating out and making healthier substitutes in recipes I make. I know I'll never stick to a diet, so I'm just focusing on small sustainable changes. I still treat myself to a little something every day and usually have a cheat meal or two on the weekend.

@ Rachelwarner32. You look amazing!!! Fantastic results. I hope I join you there in the next month :)
  • CoachRicardo
    Options
    I find that many members o my team prefer to have the flexibility of creating their own menus while choosing ingredients from a food lists and knowing what calorie and macro-nutrient ratios to add into MyFitnessPal. I happen to be one of them. I'll message you the break down I offer my clients so you can use that to set yourself up for success
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Follow the calorie allotment but you don't need to exactly follow the meal plans.. as long as your eating to fuel your workouts you should see results.
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Do you have a protein shake too and if not, what do you have instead?
  • sez8288
    sez8288 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with the program and have had great results without following the diet. Would have my results been better had I followed the recommended diet,probably. Here is my day 1. 114_zpsf63c6f71.jpg
    Day 40 :-)CAM00348_zps0bff3c1d.jpg
    I'm really excited to finish the program in 5 days and take my Day 63 pic! :smile:

Amazing progress well done! Thats just the motivation I needed. Keep it up :)
  • sez8288
    Options
    Do you have a protein shake too and if not, what do you have instead?

I was thinking about buying some protein powder. but I havent yet. I don't know what to have as an alternative, Any ideas?
  • sez8288
    Options
    I'm starting month 2 today and I haven't followed the diet plan. I am down 8 pounds and 7 inches combined so far.

Way to go! thats brilliant :)