Diabetics? Young and Old

Options
2»

Replies

• redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Type 2 here and on metformin. I am hoping to be off the medication with continues weight loss and exercise.
  • rachellangdon1974
    Options
    To the idiot that thinks it is ONLY weight related...my grandmother is an Olympic athlete, was in the Senior Olympics for years and is even in a book- is the most athletic, fit, healthy woman I know. My father (her son) has recently been diagnosed and is just as fit and healthy as she is. As for myself..All of the years I was over 295 pounds, my glucose was NEVER out of whack, and now I am down 80 pounds and all of a sudden it is. Genetics play a big roll in Diabetes..not just weight.
  • jnwalker511
    jnwalker511 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Type 2 here. Found out in July had surgars as high as 600. As of today my readings are between 95 and 130 with diet and exercise. You can add me as a friend if you want!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Type 2 - Genetics played a role for me, thanks Grandma :) working to try not to have meds going, with diet and exercise. Have a great doctor that's a partner in this. She's amazing great.
  • SunnyD0913
    Options
    Borderline Type Two. Just became, at 58 years old. On Metformin twice a day.
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Type 2 here and on metformin. I am hoping to be off the medication with continues weight loss and exercise.

Me too !!
This discussion has been closed.