Using Public Bathrooms...

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    On Mythbusters they showed the stall closet to the door was the cleanest and least used.

closest! I always thought it was furthest...good tip
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Anyone okay with using this one? gross-toilet-20277144544_xlarge.jpeg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I'll pee in them.

Will not
    Refuse to
    Poop in one.

inb4 this guy changes his profile pic to another one of himself in his car

LOL!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I only use public restrooms for the glory hole.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Anyone okay with using this one? gross-toilet-20277144544_xlarge.jpeg

That would definitely push my limits.

As long as there isn't in the toilet that can't be flushed or on the seat, I'm fine. I used to ride with my dad in the tow truck and we stopped at some pretty gnarly places. I lived.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ok, am I the only not freaked out by public restrooms?
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hate taking my kids in these, they seem to have to touch everything :-/

Yep, I am the nut mum in the next stall yelling "don't touch that!" repeatedly.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I used to be. Until I stopped drinking pop and started drinking a ton of water and now I have to use them. But I also plan ahead and cut down on my water if I know I'm going to be out and about.

But I still have my limits. I will never be desperate enough to use a bathroom in a Wal-Mart or McDonalds or a dirty ball park or a lot of other dirty bathrooms. I will just hold it if I have to.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Unless you're using your *kitten* cheeks to put food in your mouth, wipe the seat and do your thing.

Most important thing to do is wash your hands with soap and water when you're done. For at least 30 seconds. Purell alone just won't cut it, all that **** does is push dirt around your hands, doesn't get dirt AND germs gone like hand washing does.

It's not the dirty toilet seat that will get you sick, it's the door handle, or the shopping cart bar, or that item that someone with some nasty germs just sneezed on a moment before you touched it.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    my friend, a bit of travelling or camping might do you some good :)

squats are, as usual, the answer

Yeah but if people wouldn't always squat over the toilet there wouldn't be pee on it...LOL
    Trust me I've done my fair share of squatting too! And I do like to camp!

I dont know I have no control so the squat method usually results in a pee fountain. Although I can almost get it to the point when I go camping I dont pee on my pants.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I have no issues. I figure the backs of my thighs are washable and a good distance from any body cavity entrances so with daily washing I should be ok!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that won't use a public bathroom unless it's SUPER SUPER clean ?

When you have to go you have to go. I'm really not going to hold it in until I find a bathroom that its "super super clean". I've peed in some of the most disgusting places and I haven't died of something horrible.
    tumblr_mhi2k7Mb1L1s4yll1o1_250.gif
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Things would (usually) be fine if women would just lift the d@mn seat when they squat. Yes, like men. If you're not going to sit down to do your business, whether you're a man standing or a woman squatting, you need to lift the seat.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    having a bladder the size of a pea (PUN INTENDED), i have no choice. i will make any public bathroom my b*tch!

eta: try going to a country where you have to attempt to pee in a hole in the ground with no flusher...and then you'll be happy to return to a dirty toilet in the "good ole USA." trust me on this. (although, FWIW, some countries have much, much cleaner toilets than the US.)
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    eta: try going to a country where you have to attempt to pee in a hole in the ground with no flusher...and then you'll be happy to return to a dirty toilet in the "good ole USA." trust me on this. (although, FWIW, some countries have much, much cleaner toilets than the US.)
    True. I once had no choice but to use a trough toilet in a train station in rural China. Most US bathrooms are spectacular compared to that.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I go to public restrooms only if i absolutely "HAVE TO"
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Things would (usually) be fine if women would just lift the d@mn seat when they squat. Yes, like men. If you're not going to sit down to do your business, whether you're a man standing or a woman squatting, you need to lift the seat.

sage advice
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    No public bathroom is SUPER CLEAN. That being said, I guarantee there are more public bathrooms that are cleaner than yours
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. I'll do it anywhere.
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Working on a ambulance in the ghetto introduces you to pooping adventures you would not even imagine.