Supplements. Let's talk supplemements.

Options
I am currently doing weights + cardio since I have fat I want to burn off. I do 5 days of strength training (following Jamie Eason's LiveFit program on BB.com) and 7 days cardio.

I am working on cleaning up my diet and want to be really disciplined for the next 8 weeks and see how my body changes - low sugar, no more wine (boo), clean eating.

I eat 1800-2000 calories per day, and am shooting for 30% protein 50% carbs and 20% fat.

In addition to diet, because let's face it - you can't out exercise a bad diet -what supplements does anyone recommend? I currently take a women's multi vitamin, omega fish oil and drink protein shakes. What do you think of "fat burning" supplements? Are they worth it? I'm not concerned about supplements that bulk up muscle...

My goal is to lose the fat and have well defined muscle tone. Advice?

Replies

• run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting a plan together. I did the 14 week program as well and loved it. It was a great starting point to learn how to use weights and put a program together.

I don't necessarily think fat burners work - alone anyways. I think it requires you to use them as a stepping stone - whether it be to suppress your appetite or raise your body temp.

I am not a sweating type of girl so I have to take a thermogentic fat burner to get my sweat on. that being said, I have taken SO many ones. The ONLY fat burner/thermo that has worked for me is called OxyElite Pro - original formula. Love this pill. Helps me get pumped without jitters and it makes me sweat my *kitten* off in the gym which I normally would barely glisten through a two hour workout.

I also take fish oils - my coach has be on 10,000mg, a multivitamin and CLA. I take a glutamine/BCAA drink for post workout recovery. I also drink lots of shakes - I prefer Muscle Tech Phase 8 powder.

Hit me up if you have questions. I am happy to share info! :)

Crystal
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Great tips and info!