No longer a half marathon virgin (pics!)

Options

Replies

• jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "Super" cute outfit! :wink: Congrats on your run, what a great accomplishment!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: *swoon*
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    what a terrific achievement !!

I LOVE seeing posts like this on mfp...congratulations for working so hard to do something very few people in this world are capable of doing!
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You got it done, that's what counts. Congrats on an awesome accomplishment....13.1 hard fought, long trained for and conquered miles!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You're a badass!
  • MrsKerryParkin
    MrsKerryParkin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I completed a half marathon yesterday, few more than the 2500 that joined you, I had 55000! Brilliant day, got round in 3.01.50 which is not a personal best but is 30 mins quicker than my
    2010 run!

It's an awesome feeling isn't it, just knowing you have done it all by yourself

Congrats again!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • BenPolonowski
    BenPolonowski Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look like you had fun. Way to go, great inspiration.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You are all sorts of awesome!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou: (love the outfit!)

Can I ask you how you got into running? I have always felt like it was just so uncomfortable, but I really would consider it if that horrible feeling (like a turtle going through peanut butter) would eventually go away.

hmm. that's a good question. i've had a few spurts of really being into running (albeit never being fast) but i'd say that most recently, i started (again!) with the C25K program....i made it a goal this year to run at least one organized race a month, so i always had something to train for. i never beat up my body if it was telling me to slow down or walk...i walked a fair amount this past saturday (roughly 3-4 miles worth) and jogged roughly 8-9 miles. i think the point, really, is to just keep going. start small....and find races you enjoy. i prefer mud runs/obstacle courses--road races, for me, are a lot more boring. but i still do them--anything to keep me moving!
  • MrsKerryParkin
    Options
    *double post* dont know how to delete lol
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    Congrats! But you didn't need to run a half marathon to be apart of the runners club, you just have to run. Once again though, congrats, completing 13.1 miles is a real pain in the ______!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! A good friend and I ran our first half marathon this summer. She had food poisoning the day of, but ran it anyways. It took her 3hours 30min, much of that spent hiding in the port-a-potties along the route, haha, but the point is....we both DID it and thats what matters!
  • MrsKerryParkin
    Options

Can I ask you how you got into running? I have always felt like it was just so uncomfortable, but I really would consider it if that horrible feeling (like a turtle going through peanut butter) would eventually go away.

Small steps - Start off with walking then pick up the speed on that before long you may think to yourself I can add a little jog in here. move onto small running targets, I always do any of my runs tree to tree or lamp post to lamp post, there's not a lot of pressure doing it that way. I did 7k couple weeks back using the tree to tree method. Aim to run to the tree/object and when you get there challenge yourself to make it to the next one if you can't then keep at it by walking to the next tree/object then pick up the running again when you feel better. I downloaded a couch to 10k app and as much as i didn't really use it much, it gave me a good idea what I should be doing.

Give it a try and most of all enjoy it wink
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I LOVE the costume!

I might be tempted to do a half if we had costumed halfs around here. Because I'll do just about anything if I can wear a costume doing it. :laugh: (Says the woman who's going to dress like a pirate this week for donuts, followed by dressing like a zombie the next day.)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I LOVE the costume!

I might be tempted to do a half if we had costumed halfs around here. Because I'll do just about anything if I can wear a costume doing it. :laugh: (Says the woman who's going to dress like a pirate this week for donuts, followed by dressing like a zombie the next day.)

lorina--mostly everyone was wearing pink...lots of tutus (which i love and approve of) and a handful of other superheros scattered about, but this wasn't technically a costumed run. just a "divas" run. i did it anyway! haha ;)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar :) So proud and happy to have you on my FL :drinker: :heart:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    That is my girl :) Completely inspiring and motivating!!
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options

hmm. that's a good question. i've had a few spurts of really being into running (albeit never being fast) but i'd say that most recently, i started (again!) with the C25K program....i made it a goal this year to run at least one organized race a month, so i always had something to train for. i never beat up my body if it was telling me to slow down or walk...i walked a fair amount this past saturday (roughly 3-4 miles worth) and jogged roughly 8-9 miles. i think the point, really, is to just keep going. start small....and find races you enjoy. i prefer mud runs/obstacle courses--road races, for me, are a lot more boring. but i still do them--anything to keep me moving!

Thank you! I have several friends on here who use that C25K, perhaps I need to look into it. Incredible goal, BTW! Wow, my exercise goals were not so ambitious this year, lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!