No longer a half marathon virgin (pics!)

Options
13»

Replies

• joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou: (love the outfit!)

Can I ask you how you got into running? I have always felt like it was just so uncomfortable, but I really would consider it if that horrible feeling (like a turtle going through peanut butter) would eventually go away.

Small steps - Start off with walking then pick up the speed on that before long you may think to yourself I can add a little jog in here. move onto small running targets, I always do any of my runs tree to tree or lamp post to lamp post, there's not a lot of pressure doing it that way. I did 7k couple weeks back using the tree to tree method. Aim to run to the tree/object and when you get there challenge yourself to make it to the next one if you can't then keep at it by walking to the next tree/object then pick up the running again when you feel better. I downloaded a couch to 10k app and as much as i didn't really use it much, it gave me a good idea what I should be doing.

Give it a try and most of all enjoy it wink

Thank you so much! That is great advice (the tree/object thing) :flowerforyou:
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats on your 1st Half :)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, a huge motivating factor for me to do my first half was so that I could put a 13.1 sticker on my car!!

Congrats! :drinker:
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I love you so much. I believe you when you say I can do it too! Im running very slowly up to 40 mins now. I dont know when I will have the stamina to go 13 miles but I wont give up till I get there. Thank you for PROVING its possible xoxox <3
  • YoungD33
    YoungD33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!!!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I love your outfit! You look great in it. Congrats!!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You are the awesomest!!! You're unstoppable. :heart:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have my first half coming up at the end of November. As someone who took up running in January, I love reading stories like this.
  • LDC1969
    LDC1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great work - you are Awesome!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    impressed
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    love the cape!! my first Half is in 3 weeks...i can't wait!!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! And totally inspirational! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfit!
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is a BIG accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself!
    Where was this? My best friend ran in her first half marathon on Saturday in Leesburg, VA,
    She has inspired me and so have you.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Laura! That 13.1 bumper sticker was well-earned. I'm also a turtle runner ... Zombie 5k at national harbor in October, perhaps?
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration!! Way to go out there and get it done!!! Have you signed up for the next one????
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! you are inspiration!!
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I too am a turtle-like runner. You have inspired me and as of last night I have 3 halfs on my radar for early next year. I'm going to sign up for one!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!