The Scale

Options
Does anyone's discouragement with the scale cause them to to lose their appetite for a few days?

Replies

• prattylessfatty
    prattylessfatty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh in like it's my job. Some days it hurts my feelings more than others. I try to remind myself that what I am doing today won't register for a few weeks...that makes me breathe a bit easier. That dumb scale can be your worst enemy. Judge by how your clothes fit, how you feel & what you see. Keep making good food choices. Move that body. The scale will come around. It's math. ;)
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    The scale used to be my mortal enemy. I either avoided it like the plague (usually during a binge week) or I was on it every time I went to the bathroom. I've been trying to just view it as one of my many tools in weight loss/overall health goals. Sometimes, I can't keep my head straight and I let it get me down. Unfortunately for me, it usually gives me an increased appetite, though:noway:
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For me it's the opposite. If I see a gain on the scale ( I weigh in weekly) it increases my appetite awfully and I can go off track for days because of it. If I see a loss on the scale it sets me up for a pretty good week. I have a very love/hate relationship with that darn scale.
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I weight daily...I'm one of the bad ones!! But I see as an opportunity to learn more about how my body works, like there is definietly a corrolation between the numbers going up and days with a high sodium intake. There is also the same corrolation with the numbers going up and the end of the weekend (!), but I guess I could have figured that out on my own haha!
  • weightlosshlp
    Options
    I feel your pain too. Scale controls the ups and downs of my mood. It's my worst enemy in the first two weeks after starting my MFP.
    I was wondering whether weigh-in every other week works better.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I hate yet love weighing myself. Something that I have learned though is that the number isn't permanent . It can change. If you gain 3 pounds you can always lose it again. There's so many factors that can make the scale go up and down, and I try to remind myself of that. I fluctuate 1-3 pounds constantly, but I try not to make it the end of the world (easier said than done!)