Weigh In?

Options
How often do you weigh yourself and what day do you do it on, and any particular reasoning on that day(s)

~Hope

Replies

• faithbabe21
    faithbabe21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    for example right now I'm doing once a week on wed. so that if I have a bad weekend I feel like I can still reach my goal by wed.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I only weigh about once a month (or so). That way I don't run into TOM issues. I judge more by how my clothes fit.
  • faithbabe21
    faithbabe21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    TOM? sorry I don't know all these acronyms yet lol
  • nikix123
    Options
    Guess it's time of month ;)

I weigh every Monday, no particular reason, just the day I chose lol x
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I used to do every Monday, but I gave up once I realized that I would only lose every 4 Mondays. Now I just weigh myself the week after my period, as I don't seem to lose any weight any other time.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm in the habit of weighing every time I go to the gym (3x a week) so I can become comfortable with how my weight can swing around throughout the week. It freaks a lot of people out to see the weekly roller coaster of their weight numbers, but I think the key is to compare to about a month ago. Weekly averages might be a good idea too.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning before bath. The normal weight fluctuations do not bother me and i just see a overall trend of weight loss. If weight fluctuations bother you, then i would suggest weekly weigh ins.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning - good or bad I log it. Then if my weekends are bad I have the whole rest of the week to recover.
  • helena_jj
    helena_jj Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day in the morning. It is a ritual for me, though sometimes I get frustrated if there is poor result. Sometimes even in the evening as I know that in the morning it would be about 1 kg less. It is like game to me. I know it is not recommended, but I like it.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I know it's not advised, but I weigh in every morning. Mostly because I log food every day, so I just want it to be a habit. I realize there can be lots of daily fluctutions and I'm ok with that, so I don't freak out if I am up 1 or 2 pounds.

I'm just such a procrastinator that if I only weigh it once a week, I'll feel justified to eat bad for a few days and feel like I can "catch up" with the remaining days until weigh in day.

If you will get discouraged seeing the scale go up 1 or 2 pounds day to day, weigh in once a week or even once a month.

Do whatever works for you.
  • Jonslife
    Jonslife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Wen mornings when I see my weight doctor. There was a time when I wouldn't eat or drink or anything before that weigh in date. Then I realized it doesn't matter. The weight difference that having a healthy breakfast and some sort of drink in the morning is not going to make up for a "weak" week. It was just another way I used to try and game the system.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm also one who weighs myself every morning. I use an Aria wifi scale which logs it automatically. Like the others, I'm fine with the daily fluctuations. The overall downward trend throughout the week keeps me motivated throughout the week. I do my "official" weighin on Tuesdays. Tuesdays I go to Weight Watchers meetings and have my Biggest Loser competition at work.

(Weight Watchers is a whole other conversation, the long and short of it is, I track on MFP and use WW for the meetings/accountability/support.)

I like seeing the daily graph compared to my daily food intake to see how my caloric intake affects my daily weight fluctuations.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself and what day do you do it on, and any particular reasoning on that day(s)

Everyday, weight and BF%. First thing after hitting the potty.
  • bob_day
    Options

I weigh myself every day. If I see my weight trending upwards, I eat a little
    less for a few days. And conversely if my weight trends down I add a few
    extra calories. This is very easy to do, since I have a very well regulated
    diet and if only takes a two or three days to see how my weight is trending.