Quick lunch ideas

Options
Im a full time student and mom. I am always on the go I need some sack lunch ideas that are good for me. Im so tired of green salad

Replies

• dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    before I answer I was wondering if you have access to a microwave?
  • suzie1983
    Options
    i make salad wraps with grilled chicken or what ever left over meat from the night before....takes the same amount of time as a salad to make but adds a little variety...or i will make like tuna or chicken salad and have that with some crackers or over a salad or in a wrap or on celery sticks (i get weird cravings for crunchy) ... then all else fails lean cuisine
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I bought a bunch of colorful veggies (celery, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, yellow bell peppers) over the weekend, cut them up, and put them in sandwich bags. For lunch today I added a tablespoon (which is only half a serving) of italian dressing, shook it up, and had a filling, healthy, tasty lunch.

I also found a fruit and nut mix that provides lots of protein (the hardest thing for me to get enough of) and just a couple of tablespoons fills me up. I like to have some of that and some orange juice.
  • daniraebug
    daniraebug Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would also like some good ideas as I am so over grilled chiken and sandwhichs. I do have access to a mircowave.

Thanks!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You can do this with really any fish, chicken or lunch meat...but my favorite us to make tuna salad (with cottage cheese vs mayo) and carefully peel a big strip of lettuce off a head of lettuce and use that to make a salad wrap...you're be amazed at how filling that can be!

I pre-make the filling (tuna salad, grilled chicken + fixens etc) and keep it in a bowl until i'm ready to eat...the lettuce sometimes breaks and stuff so i don't put it all together until i'm ready to eat it
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would also like some good ideas as I am so over grilled chiken and sandwhichs. I do have access to a mircowave.

Thanks!

One of my favorite at work lunches is grilled veggies (I use mushrooms, asparagas, red onion, and red pepper) with brown rice and low sodium soy sauce. Ready Rice sells it now in individual microwavalbe bowls for easy prep.