Need Help! Injured hip (non work out related incident)

Options
So, in a non-related work out incident, I injured my hip muscle. I probably pulled it. The story isn't relative lol.
I was unable to finish my work outs this weekend due to this. I know I should take it easy for the week, but I still don't want to lose this week for exercise. I don't want this to really hold me back.

Anyone have any good ideas or work outs I can still do? Anything will help.
I'm wobbling around right now, and I'm not sure if I can go for just a walk just yet. Please help!

Replies

• archoo_letsdothis
    Options
    Try weights. Strength training doesn't burn as much calories per se, but the more muscle you build up , the more you burn during the day.
  • agenteff
    agenteff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks, Is it weird just to do upper body since my legs are out of commission right now?
  • rach503
    rach503 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I hurt my hip about 6 weeks ago & found that I could still ride my bike. (It was more in the joint tho rather than muscle...)

Good luck! Just remember, even if you have to take a week off, it may be better to take care of yourself by letting yourself heal than injuring yourself further.
  • agenteff
    agenteff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah, went to the Doctor yesterday and he told me to take this week off, and possible next week and not to over exert my muscle.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Water jogging. It's what I did the whole time my hip was injured from running (and probably from wearing flip flops). There's no impact, but you still get a good workout.
  • catita1025
    catita1025 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Please please please follow your doctor's advise to rest your hip! I have been dealing with an injury to my hips (car accident) for over 20 years - not kidding!! I've had more ups and downs than there is room to write here! I now work with a trainer so he's able to help me get stronger.

If you need to rest your hip there are other types of workouts that you can do...weights for your upper body...exercise your core etc.

I swim quite a bit but if my hips are in pain then I use a leg floater and swim using my arms (only). I guarantee you it can be a great cardio workout! There are some leg exercises you can also do in a pool but check with your doctor! :)

Don't overdo it - your body will let you know if you did! ...and yes, it can be frustrating...I completely understand that because I've been there for quite some time.

Bottom line is to let your body heal so that you don't aggravate the injury. Hang in there and soon enough you'll be able to get back to what you were doing before!