Greek yogurt, I am bow before you.

Options
Greek yogurt has been my saving grace in my weight loss journey! Desserts and sweets are my weakness, but Greek yogurt, you have made them possible!

Lemon or Lime greek with a dollop of whip cream and some nuts or crumbled wafers or graham cracker, tastes like PIE!

Vanilla greek with grahams or nuts and topped with preserves, almost tasted like a fruit cheesecake. (ALMOST)

Chocolate greek with ONE crumbled oreo or piece of shaved dark chocolate and a dollop of whipped cream, like chocolate cream pie, oh my it's good.

Vanilla greek with peanut butter, cinnamon and a handful of oats, taste like oatmeal cookies.

I love you greek yogurt, any other's you can add, please do so!

Replies

• I got so excited while eating my yogurt, I totally messed up my grammar in my topic title, nom nom nom :)
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! I may have 2 try sum of these... I have a major sweet tooth also! Thx 4 the ideas!
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Noosa Greek yogurt is to die for
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Where do you find that chocolate Greek yogurt? I'm interested LOL.

I am addicted to Chobani flips. The flavors are just wonderful.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with maple syrup and cinnamon topped with walnuts!
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. Thanks for sharing!
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Try the PLAIN with sugar free jello PUDDING granules(about a tablespoon or so), or the sugar free packets you add to water, yummy!!!! Oh, and nuts, sugar free coffee syrups, etc. The combinations are endless. Using the PLAIN really saves on calories and sugar grams. I love it too. I love to add any of above also with fruit, etc. FAGE is my favorite, usually 0% or 2%.
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I alos love the Chobani flips! Especially the key lime ones...so good, tastes like pie!
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

We just got these in our store this weekend, got one in every flavor they had. So far I have had the key lime-graham cracker and the peach-pistachio and all I can say is YUMMY!!!!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I so agree with you OP!!!

I like regular yogurt and was leery of the Greek. Finally, after hearing all the great reviews from others here at MFP I tried it and was hooked!

Now they are a Must have and make fantastic deserts with way less calories.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with 15 grams of chocolate chips is part of my usual breakfast. :)

AND . . . I know this isn't a dessert-y idea . . . but plain greek yogurt mixed with 2 Tablespoons of hot salsa makes a great topping for, say, a turkey burger.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Love your additions to make them more dessert like.

I didn't like greek yogurt at first because it is so thick, but I've gotten used to it now.

It's a great way to get in some extra protein.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I just throw in 10-12 grams of Pumpkin Seeds, I love Greek Yogurt but the seeds mean you have to chew so it lasts longer.

Oh and you should try the traditional Greek way, with dark honey and chopped walnuts, absolutely fantastic
  • Where do you find that chocolate Greek yogurt? I'm interested LOL.

We have the Stoneyfield brand chocolate at my local stores, there are a few other off-brands as well :)
  • I just throw in 10-12 grams of Pumpkin Seeds, I love Greek Yogurt but the seeds mean you have to chew so it lasts longer.

Oh and you should try the traditional Greek way, with dark honey and chopped walnuts, absolutely fantastic

Yum, will have to try asap!
  • athene_circe
    athene_circe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I get the plain non-fat greek yoghurt in tubs and just add my own vanilla extract or lemon juice with a teaspoon of honey in order to cut out all the extra sugar in the store bought flavours.

My favourite when I am craving a banana split? Cut up a banana into vanilla greek yoghurt and then sprinkle sugar cinnamon over the top - delish!

I'll have to try some with graham crackers - you've inspired me!
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I got so excited while eating my yogurt, I totally messed up my grammar in my topic title, nom nom nom :)
    Your title actually sounds like some interwebs cat meme . . . :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

We have the Stoneyfield brand chocolate at my local stores, there are a few other off-brands as well :)

Oh man I go to two different stores and I've never seen one I think. I'll look again...