I made my goal!!!

Options
So my goal was to make 185 pounds and I officially did it today! 37 pounds in 4.5 months! I went from a size 38 waist to a 33. I was clothes shopping last week and the person helping me asked if I was a medium! I haven't been a medium since high school! I'll post pics as soon as I take some.

Well at any rate, I have a question. Where do I go from here? Do I try to lose 5 or 10 more pounds, do I maintain where I am? How do I maintain- that's what worries me the most. With my job it would be very easy to fall back into my bad habits.

Replies

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!!!
  • cclmartin
    Options
    Great job!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for reaching your goal!!!!

Let MFP calculate your maintenance calories. One of the selection on "How many lbs to lose" is Maintenance!!

Most important I dont know if you exercise but start exercising 4-5 days a week it will definitely help you to maintain!!! Congratulations again!!!! :drinker:

100892.png
  • ropicrdo
    Options
    Congratulation!
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    That's awesome!

Go get your body fat percentage, then you;ll know if you are "average, fit or an athlete". That should help you decide if you need to lose more weight or if your weight now is good enough!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait to make a similar announcement but mine will be a while from now =)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Yes definitely set your goal to maintenance. Yes definitely exercise and definitely eat healty. This should not be dieting but a life change to work. It should be alot easier than losing. Enjoy your success and enjoy the next step of how to keep the progress you have earned!
  • Jennifer0102
    Jennifer0102 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! That is something you should definitely be proud of!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    do what feels right. if you think you can lose more fat or tone more then do. if you to maintain it then try for a few weeks and see how your body reacts. it may still lose or it may require more balance but if you aren't sure taking a time out to re assess may be beneficial
  • Aishalnmurphy
    Aishalnmurphy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I hope I can join the goal makers club one day!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    YAAAAYYYY!!! Congrats! Way to stick with the program!

I would recommend going to maintenance for a little while, just to see how your body reacts--for the first little while on maintenance I actually lost a couple of pounds before I stabilized. See how you feel after, say, a month, and go from there.

And don't forget to give yourself a *HUGE* pat on the back!

**Edit:
    I missed the second part of your post--a lot of people say maintenance is harder than losing, and I certainly find that to be true. For now, I'm still faithfully logging, although I plan to drop down to less logging as time goes by. Just make sure you're getting your exercise and eating well and you should be okay!
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Enjoy it all you can, and go to maintenance!:bigsmile:
  • jewell80
    Options
    Congrats! I would say go 10 more so that you have some to play with.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That's great - Congrats!!!
  • harleymotivatedmama
    Options
    Great for you....Stories like yours help me as a new mfp member feel strong and ready to keep going!!!!! Thank you for showing the rest of us it can be done
  • markciagne
    Options
    -a lot of people say maintenance is harder than losing, and I certainly find that to be true.

This is what's most scary, but I've never backed down from a fight!
  • nursesarah79
    nursesarah79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    THAT IS SO GREAT! I CAN JUST IMAGINE HOW YOU WERE FEELING WHEN YOU WERE SHOPPING! AWESOME!

JUST KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND STAY WITH MFP AND TRY TO MAINTAIN. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR WEIGHT AND EAT HEALTHY. THAT WAY MFP CAN HELP YOU SEE IF YOU ARE STARTING TO SLIP BACK INTO OLD HABITS AND YOU WILL KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.

REMEMBER! IT IS NOT A DIET! IT IS A LIFE STYLE CHANGE.
    SO AS LONG AS YOU KEEP YOUR HEALTHY ACTIVE LIFESTYLE YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.

CONGRATS AGAIN, I AM PROUD OF YOU!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's excellent - huge congrats! I'd say see how you feel - do you feel comfortable in your new body? If not then go for it a bit longer - if you're happy (after all that's what this is all about) then go for maintenance. You can always pick it up again if you feel like you're not quite there after a while on maintenance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!