Yup, I'm new, too

Options
I joined MFP a few months ago but didn't really get started so I consider myself a newbie. This time I have 12 days under my belt but, boy, do I need motivation! I'm getting the hang of the food diary and decided now it's time to go in search of others who have the same goal as I do. I don't think I'll ever be "skinny skinny," but I want to be healthier and to be able to wear whatever I want. (Vanity isn't all bad if it helps us reach our goals!) Simply, I want to lose weight! (And keep it off, but I'll deal with that when the time comes ...)

Not sure how the 'friend' business works here, but would love to have some friends to share the good and bad days with. I'm sure there are plenty of both in our futures, but the good WILL outweigh the bad!

Good luck and good health to all of you!

Replies

• Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request!
  • Christie1Pearl
    Options
    Feel free to add! Wishing u great success on your wieght loss journey"
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    Thanx and good wishes too you as well.
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been going strong for nearly a month, so I'm pretty new, too. I would love to be your friend!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Take it one day at a time and you may be surprised at what you can do.
    After doing this for a year, my goal is to do something every day even if it is just a short walk.
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Sometimes, you just need an "ATTABOY" to get through the day and your MFP friends are the people who can do that for you.
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel fee to add me always looking for new friends. It is a daily struggle.
  • willial2310
    Options
    Hi, Yes I joined and looked at it a few times tryin to figure it out. I am back :) still not sure of how everything works yet either, but going to give it a chance. I really want to lose this weight !!! Hope you do well, God bless you...
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new folks to cheer me and cheer on! Everyone, feel free to add me...
  • countrygritz
    Options
    I am new also. Hopefully I can keep this up. I tried doing the choosemyplate.gov and that lasted about a week.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :) I'm an active user and do try to help motivate and support people as well as random chats. Also...good luck!! Sometimes it gets hard but just keep dedicated :)
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me always looking for new friends.
  • khula1
    Options
    Hello All,

I am a newbie. I am trying to lose 27 lbs. due to post pregnancy. I gained almost 50 lbs. total when I had my son which was 7 months ago. I was a slim and athletic person. Hiked 10 miles a day and walked all the time but when I became preggers, I started craving cakes, fried foods, all unhealthy stuff... I didn't start putting the lbs. on until I was 7 months. My pre-pregnancy weight was 118 lbs. Currently I weight 145. It is very difficult to lose weight after it's on. You have to retrain your brain how to eat healthy again, portion control and trying to not beat yourself up when you fall off the wagon. I feel aches and pains that were never there before due to the extra weight I am carrying around. I don't heal as quickly if I have a cut or cold. I just want to be the happy and healthy me again. Looking forward to sharing trials and tribulations.
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I log on daily and the support has really helped me. Feel free to add me as a supportive friend. The road towards improved fitness is challenging one so having others to lift each other I have found is really helpful.