rice

Options
I would like to know if anyone uses a rice cooker and is there any good recipes out there. Please post some

Replies

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Broke college kid left his rice cooker at the parents' place and sets the stove to low when he wants rice bad enough. What kind of recipes are you on the prowl for?
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Add a cup of mixed veggies, some soy sauce, a few cloves of minced garlic, a quarter onion chopped, & half the liquid requirements with chicken stock.

Bang, pseudo fried rice. Not as good as the real thing, but it's super easy and fast.
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe as such, but I like to toss diced vegetables (carrot, brussel sprouts, peas, spring onions zucchini any thing you like really) in with the rice and water, and half a cup of soy sauce. Vegetarian fried rice without the fried :)
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Add a cup of mixed veggies, some soy sauce, a few cloves of minced garlic, a quarter onion chopped, & half the liquid requirements with chicken stock.

Bang, pseudo fried rice. Not as good as the real thing, but it's super easy and fast.

Snap :) Cept yours sounds yummier than mine!
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Both your recipes sound yummy and I'll try them. This isn't my blog, but I thought the ideas were well worth reading over. I hope they help the OP.
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    brown rice. Lite coconut milk, ginger, jalapeno peppers fresh and raw, garlic. Puree together and cook on low stove top till cooked.
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The nutrition said that rice was healthier. And i really dont know. But i feel that if i slowly switch.So just use rice instead of pasta.so ifigured i needed some recipes. I will try anything at this point.
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like doing things like both recipes mentioned... accept wrap it in a foil packet with the liquid and a raw chicken breast and bake in the oven in a pan. Yummy!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    damn, yall make me wish I could cook.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    The nutrition said that rice was healthier. And i really dont know. But i feel that if i slowly switch.So just use rice instead of pasta.so ifigured i needed some recipes. I will try anything at this point.
    The difference between brown rice and white rice nutritionally is small, so eat the one that you palate prefers.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I use my rice cooker mainly for my fave japanese sticky rice. It does work if you use the cooker to make the boxed rice like Goya or different types of rice like jasmine or basmati. Just follow the directions on the package for water amounts needed. Like some said above, you can add just about any liquid for flavor and use frozen veggies or canned beans to mix it up.
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good about the sticky rice. I didnot know you could even put rice or other flavor in rice cooker. Do you know you can put meat in the rice cooker or would you have to pre cook the chicken or other meat.