Back at it.

Options
Well, here I go again? Third times a charm I hope. Recently diagnosed with PMDD and already diagnosed with PCOS...I have started a new job and am working third shift as well as going to school FT and it threw my body into a wild unhealthy spin but I NEED TO TAKE BACK CONTROL and so, here I am. The only thing that's ever worked decently for me was cutting carbs, so with that said I am attempting to do that. I have not worked out a lick in about 3 months...wtf? I am starting P90x tomorrow and getting back to Zumba on M & W starting next week. I have finally admitted to myself that I did this to myself and I can and will fix this myself. I don't have to be the fat sister any more and I won't be. I want to run 5k's with my husband and daughter next year!

Replies

• a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So I tried p90x today and failed miserably. I am SO out of shape right now, ugh. I think walking an hour a day for at least 1 week may be helpful before jumping into the Zumba and then...p90x. I just wish there was a magical motivation pill.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about the p90x! I have heard that it is crazy hard. Do what you can and slowly add more to your exercise plan. I have friends that love Zumba and really do it because it is fun--and as a bonus, have lost some weight doing it!
    I'm just getting back into the swing of things too. It is hard. Good luck!
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Life happens but never give up.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I Love Love P90X. Keep at it. You'll be able to do more and more as you go. I couldn't even do 1 man style push up when I started, I had to modify every move and fast forward a lot or get done before those crazies on the dvd and jog or walk in place. Now, I push myself, some days I still struggle but it feels so good after I complete it.

I've began running, started I could only go for a few minutes but I'm improving.

-I just started back up mid July. You've already took the first steps - keep going
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I did go to Zumba tonight. I was able to do it for 45 minutes. Thanks guys!