30 day squat challenge who's in?

Options
2»

Replies

• DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started another round of the challenge on the 1st Sept. I did it back in June & lost a few cms from my butt - woo hoo! I didn't stop either - between the end of June & now. I was doing around 50 to 100 a day. Just thought I'd see how I go again :)
  • Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I m in
  • Kte80
    Kte80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Adding this so I can check link later
  • teerandell
    Options
    105 today...I got 75 done this morning, 15 this afternoon and so just 15 left for the day.
  • jgordiyenko
    Options
    I agree! i started the squat challenge a couple months ago and after about a week or so I was SO sore I couldn't handle it anymore. It's too much for your body.
  • telepathe
    Options
    One third in... So far so good. Still gotta do 67 squats for the day though! :laugh:
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it. It's WAY too hard on your body! Doing that many squats several days in a row will stress your muscles and make you prone to injury. It'd be better to at least make the 30days stretch to 60days and rest every other day. Your muscles need at least 24hrs. to heal between workouts.
    Was thinking the same thing. I do nerd fitness (which contains squats) and they say to only do the circuit every other day
  • Blonde_Annie
    Options
    Yes you can! I have been doing this and it works just as effectively. :heart:
  • mskmac66
    mskmac66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just recently came back to myfitnesspal and am working on day 14 of the 30 squat challenge. I am using The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC shrinkingjeans.net. This Wednesday I will start attending a Body Pump class at the gym to get in some weight bearing strength training. Looking for encouragement from anyone who is struggling with sticking to exercise and eating healthy to achieve weight loss and healthier lifestyle. Wishing everyone good luck with their journey. :happy:
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    130 tomorrow (today :wink: ) So far I've been able to do them in one big set, pausing in between sets of twenty. I've been alternating squats like on fitsugar. I think tomorrow I will have to start splitting them up. But so proud of myself for keeping it up! And I definitely have been feeling it in my booty!
  • maton90
    maton90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am trying to do a squat 2 days ago,but after that,my knee was so pain. it is because i have too much weight? or maybe because my position are wrong?
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i am trying to do a squat 2 days ago,but after that,my knee was so pain. it is because i have too much weight? or maybe because my position are wrong?

More than likely the position is wrong. You can check proper positioning on youtube. Make sure that the weight is in your heels and that your knees are not going past your toes.
  • teerandell
    Options
    Hanging in and they are easier than the last time I did this challenge. 225 today and I'm 160 into it so far.