any other busy mums?

Options
Hi, I am a busy mum of 4 or 5 if you count my husband lol, My last baby has just started school and inbetween caring for my dad and school runs etc. I have finally found 1-2 hours of me time. I have never before been able to join any classes because of childcare issues, my husband works a day job and runs a football team at night and kids have clubs etc. I have tried numerous times to lose weight through wii fit, taking kids out walk etc, but I have never been able to follow a routine IYKWIM, something always puts a spanner in the works ie one kid not well or I am just so desperate for some piece and quiet that if and when I do get time, I just want to enjoy it (the last thing on my mind is exercise haha) I have now joined a military style circuit training class (first day was yesterday, I am in agony today lol) I am looking for support from any one, busy mums or fitness enthusiasts that can help to encourage me and offer advise. I will try to log on every day, but it is generally a fight for me to get a shot of my computer and may miss the odd day here and there.

I am not classed as over weight as I am still within a healthy BMI for my height etc, but I do not feel right, I have lumps, bumps and wobbly bits that I would like to tone up, I have a BMI of 24.4 (25 and I will be overweight) and want to be 22 so I have about 11ls to lose to reach my target. I just want my body to match what my mind still believes it is, I want to be photographed on a night out and then actually like the photo ( not scream in disgust at the popeye the sailor mans arms or oompa loompa tripple chins haha!!) Christmas is coming and I want, will be, am determined to be back to a size 8 xxx

Good luck to all MFP on a similar journey ( must remind myself to take some before photos ;D)

Replies

• Amy8n
    Amy8n Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation to you with a similar BMI and amount to lose. Feel free to add me & we can motivate & support each other.
  • fatmum1
    Options
    hi i am a mum of one with little time to myself, i love doing fitness but do not have the money or time to go to classes, so i now do insanity and focus t25 and fit them in around my life. i have a LOT of weight to lose but happy to help and support as i find it helps
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi I can understand about trying to fit time for yourself around the little ones. I have 4 ranging from 3 to 14 and it can be tough. My hubby works full time and I'm also studying 25hr a week to get my degree.

Find some short workouts to start with - look on Amazon for 10 minute solution dvds as they are bill. I've just started T25 which i fit between the LO being at nursery or last thing at night. We laos take it in turns to go to the gym in the evening.
  • shonar68
    shonar68 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My kids range from 4 - 17 :noway: Still cant believe I am old enough to have a 17 year old lol. Technically my oldest could babysit, but don't trust him to make toast, least he burn the house down :explode: now the kids are back at school I have joined a morning circuit class 3 times a week, so hope to see results fairly soon. Good luck with your Degree and thanks for the advise xx
  • cmsimpson74
    cmsimpson74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a mum of 4 and work full time. I work varying hours my latest is 7. By time I get home and eat it can be after 8. I have no time to go to classes. My weight has yo-yoed between kids.
    My youngest is now 3 1/2 so now once he is in bed I find 30mins to do a quick workout on nike trainer or yourshape. Was initially 174lb. Found the app and used it for awhile just logged onto website and found the forum.
    Hoping to hit my ideal weight by next summer.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    It's all about making it a priority. I promise you can find time if you want it bad enough.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/918054-what-is-your-excuse-pics-included?hl=what's+your+excuse+pics+included
  • FitnLean2017
    FitnLean2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completely understand not having enough time. On Sunday, I just sat down and wrote down a schedule and stick to it. I allot myself 1 hour to work out. I cook, then workout instead of coming home and going straight to it. With a 4 year old and homeschooling it is tough but ladies, we are strong beings that can overcome anything. Determination is the key word for this month.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I think you also have to be flexible. Suppose to be at the gym tonight for classes but have a poorly LO so going to have to be the treadmill instead.