Anyone heard of Kalenjin running shoes?

Options
As title. I read some running shoes FAST. These are in Decathlon and relatively inexpensive. Are they worth it or should I just go for Asics/Adidas?

Replies

• nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i bought a pair at decathlon because they were the most affordable option. they were just fine, but i would definitely go with the adidas or asics if they aren't too spendy.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    They've had some pretty good reviews in UK runners world
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    Last year I watched a really interesting documentary on sports products and running shoes..

This little summary in relation to the shoes part of the program may help in relation to your question...

'They did however summarise the running shoe debate by getting a scientist to basically say that until there is further research about the affects of various shoes (or not) on injury prevention, the best thing to do is buy a pair you are comfortable with and ignore all the marketing hype.'

So if they are comfortable enough for you to run your race without being slowed down due to crippling blisters etc I'd disregard the brand and go with them.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, very very helpful. I will play it by ear when I am there tonight. I'll tell you what I get.