ear staples

Options
I've read a lot on line but was wondering if anyone on here has tried it? It seems interesting. I dont expect it to be some miracle cure or anything...im just intrigued!!!

Replies

• bonsweetcandie
    Options
    What are ear staples?
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it please explain this Suzie, I'm curious now!:huh:
  • suzie1983
    Options
    it sorta like having your ear pierced but it uses acupuncture points...and is suppose to help with weight loss...they pierce the cartilage in accordance to where you would lose the most amount of weight...i dont know really

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/ear-staple.htm

Its interesting...ive done acupuncture before for relaxation.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have been going to acupuncture to help with infertility and love it. He claims that it will help with the weight loss as well, although it has only been about 4 weeks of watching my calories so I am not sure if it has helped. I know that acu has helped a number of different areas of my life though including the infertility. I went in expecting to be throwing away money and instead have seen some amazing results. I would recommend going to a certified acu instead of ear stapling, unless that is being done by a TCD (traditional Chinese doctor). I truly believe that acu can help with a number of different problems and recommend it to anyone that will listen!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My mom had it done years ago and it didn't do a thing for here
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My mom had it done years ago and it didn't do a thing for here
  • suzie1983
    Options
    thank you so much...i was going to try acupuncture for fun anyways..but came across the ear thing as well
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    It's been around since the 70's. My Aunt had it done back then. Didn't do a thing for her. It's just yet another diet scam.