emotional eating- pry this nutella out of my hands

Options
I just realized that i made a huge mistake w a project at work... HUGE. I am now really using all my strength to not stress eat a jar of nutella.... ugh
How do i deal w this?

Replies

• kevadafly
    kevadafly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's so hard not to just give up if one thing goes bad in your life like your work mistake and think "Oh well I might as well just give in". Maybe go for a walk to clear your head instead of reaching for the nutella? Gaining calories instead of losing them?! You'll only feel worse if you binge eat on top of whatever mistake you made. You know yourself eating it won't make things better...
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    HIDE IT!!
    Thats wot I did with the muffins at work sunday nyt... I threw them on top of a cupboard I cant reach :happy:
  • Nikki_Marz
    Options
    Do something physical, put on an ipod, turn up the volume and do some jumping jacks lol. I used to end up with work frustrations or life frustrations and take them out at the gym...only when doing weight machines I all of a sudden turned into superwoman and overdid it (leaving me really sore the next week)...so everythign in moderation but it used to help me.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for you. I usually go hang with a friend or go for a walk & that helps me. Maybe you could try working out instead of eating or watch a comedy. that usually helps me.

Also it's not how many times you fall that determines your charecter but how many times you get back up.

if you give in and eat, do it & moderation or couple working out along with it.
  • danacriley
    Options
    i don't know cuz i gave in and now feel double bad. Had a big argument and then I couldn't calm down til i ate cookies. Now i just feel like a piggy. Maybe try some popcorn or cup of tea or something less damaging. Wish i had - next time i will.
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I know what you're talking about.. my boyfriend is going to check in for whether or not his cancer has returned and I am so nervous I feed it all the time. But yes, the best thing you can do is engage yourself in some kind of work where you need your head (I started studying obsessively). Hope I helped :flowerforyou:
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    I had one spoon, and now am trying to do some damage control
    ugh
  • Krymsen
    Krymsen Posts: 72
    Options
    Hey!

I hear ya! My triggers are stress and being alone and boredom. I reach for penut butter and honey so I do not keep them in the house and of course on bread. Anyway I threw away because I could not stop eating I tell my family if they want anything they need to hide or lock it up some where we have a lock it in our deep frezzer. But for work it is harder, I would hide it or put it out of sight or get one of your co-worker to hide it some where so you don't know where it is. out of sight out of mind works for me.

Good luck!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    my office IS at home.
  • iAlly
    iAlly Posts: 66
    Options
    I wrote a big blah blah about emotional eating yesterday. Might be worth reading.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iAlly
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    This is meant with love, and from the heart.

throw the jar away. never buy it again.

Essentially, that stuff is a candy bar in paste form. It's my biggest trigger food, and I have (after several attempts at deluding myself) zero control over it.

There are (IMHO) certain foods we should really just never bring into our houses (trigger foods) they're the ones that we have no logic around, and just go into crazypants "more! more!" mode when we have them. My two big ones are nutella and potato chips. I never bring either of them into my house in anything larger than a single serving container.

:flowerforyou:
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Go for a run!!

Do something to help get the stress out of your body & make you feel BETTER!!! Because we ALL know you're going to feel horrible if you eat a ton of Nutella!

What makes you feel better? Taking a walk? Running? Is there a favorite exercise DVD that will get your mind off of the mistake?

Do whatever it takes & see what you can do to start making amends at work. If you have a plan of action, you will feel much better!

-Chancy