Just started last week and already lost 6 pounds!

Options
Last week Monday, I started my regimen of counting calories and burning at least 500 calories every other day. I've also been weighing myself in the morning after I go to the bathroom and before I've eaten anything. I'm already down 6 pounds! I don't starve myself and I try to eat less than 1500 calories a day. What's wrong with my body!? D:

Replies

• Its not all fat.
    Water weight.
    When you start exercising and dieting your glycogen stores
    Get emptied to a certain amount and your body loses water weight.
    Good work though, keep it up.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Exactly, enjoy the kickstart but expect your rate of loss curve to level off at 2/wk or less.
  • Dark_Pinoy
    Options
    How many pounds of water weight does a person typically lose when they start a diet like mine?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    How many pounds of water weight does a person typically lose when they start a diet like mine?
    About 5.5 pounds. Realize that weight loss isn't linear and that eating "perfect" and exercising "perfect" each day will yield a different result from week to week. Just continue though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Dark_Pinoy
    Options
    Alrighty! I'll let you guys know if I continue to lose a significant amount of weight for the next week.