success is so close yet still so far!!!

NicolaGoodyear
NicolaGoodyear Posts: 55
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Hi everyone,

I started my journey to a healthier and happier lifestyle back in febuary this year,my start weight was 217lbs...am now 147lbs 70lbs lost, im 7lbs away from my goal weight but im having sooo much trouble getting there.

I just got married last friday...and the past few weeks leading up to the wedding have been manic with stag do hen do birthdays etc..then with the wedding its been non stop celebrations so for the last 4 weeks i havnt lost a single pound which is fine considering all the food and drink ive had!!!"

so yesterday i was back at it on the wagon again but screwed up by eating a big slice of apple pie grrrrr im back at the gym hitting it hard with a new schedule tonight so that will help....but im having trouble getting my head back in the game.....please encourage me to get to goal!!!...kick me up the butt....help me help me....please feel free to add me on here or fb search kelsijadedylan@hotmail.com,,,,,,Good Luck everyone we can all help each other!!!

Replies

• crussell795
    crussell795 Posts: 5 Member
    70 lbs since February?!?!?!! You are amazing! I know it can be tough to get back into the swing of things once you've gotten out of the habit but it can definitely be done. Remember, it's not just about those last 7 lbs, it's about the healthy lifestyle that you want to live from here on out. Don't give up. Make yourself do it, even if you don't feel like it. You look amazing in your pick by the way. Best wishes to you and your new husband!
  • thankyou hunni..your right this is forever !!!.....i feel i will be able to maintain once i get to 140....its just getting there lol...thankyou for your words they help me so much!!! xxxxxx
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Congratulations on your wedding! I think you have done amazingly not only to have lost 7olbs so far but not to have gained during the celebrations. Good luck with the final 7lbs. The last few lbs are so much harder than the first, I know, I'm stuck with 3.5 lbs to go and can't seem to shift it. But I know it WILL come off, its just going to take time. keep at it, we'll both get there in the end.
    Kx
  • congrats to you too hunni on your loss...everyone has said the last few are the worst!!!....just feeling a bit stuck...need some help!!!........thankyou for your kind words hun xxxxxxx
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Congratulations!! Both for your weight loss to date and your marriage.

70lbs since February is an amazing effort. I know what you mean about getting your head back in the game though! Is there a sport or class you like to do that you could get your girlfriends or even hubby involved in? Make exercising fun and not a chore and before you know it you'll be back in the right headspace. Good luck!
  • yes me and hubby go to the gym together and we have just worked out a new schedule as he wants to get into cv now too so we are starting that tonight i know that will help!!!...thankyou so much for the lovely compliments!! xxx
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Hi,

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's very inspiring. Maybe just shake up your exercise routine / zig zag your calories to surprise your body into dropping the last 7lbs.

You have done so well - i wish i could lose that in the same timeframe, you had the same start weight as me so its really motivating. How many lbs did you set yourself to lose per week? I only have 1lb loss expected a week. I'm curious what yours was.

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Wow! I don't know how you just managed to not lose any weight. I gained so much last month on honeymoon, I thought it was going to take me the rest of the year to take it back off, lol! And we just went up north. Darn those enormous portions of chips and devilishly spicy curries. I could've stayed up there forever. Congratulations, and don't let one little piece of pie discourage you. We all do it. I mean, I have dreams about doing stuff like that. (Yes, I am a little crazy.) And good luck on the rest of it! Of course you can do this, you've gotten so far already. I've got faith in you.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!