Bad relationship with food

Options
Sometimes I feel powerless in my battle to resist over eating. I have lost a good deal of weight over the past 7 years but I still struggle every day keeping a "nutritional" outlook vs using food for emotional or stress relief. Has anybody out there had any success in changing their relationship with food? What worked for you?

Replies

• 1linde
    1linde Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Self awareness and realize you still are an emotional being and will backslide once in a while. If you slip just go back to the good habits you know work for you.

Maybe read some books on the topic and find something that speaks to you. Every time I see an overweight person I wonder what void they are using food to fill. Some people fill voids with food, shopping, alchohol, drugs, gambling, etc. - its an addiction except that food is widely socially accepted.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You do not have a relationship with food. You have a dependence. Only you can break free from that .. You need to make the decision to change and stick to it. If you can't pick yourself up by your boot straps and make steps in the right direction seek help..

There is no magic formula or method. You just need to ask yourself how bad do you want it?

If you want it bad enough yo will make the necessary changes you need to reach your goals. .

Its you vs. YOU and its time to go to war.....Sometimes it isn't easy, but anything worth doing is never easy. If you want it bad enough as you say, you will change.

Before the body will fall in line you need to change your mind. There can be no change until you have changed your mindset.
    Spend a little mirror time with yourself.... tell your self you don't want this any more. Truly changing you is a journey and it takes dedication and discipline. It begins with one step in the right direction.

How bad do you want it ? Which way are you going to go ?