help me please....

Options
Kimsoontobe
Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
What is a good seasoning that is low sodium to use for my food? My food taste so bland

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Try Mrs. Dash. There are several blends.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ms. Dash. They come in a TON of flavor combos and are low sodium.
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    Curry paste, Old Bay Seasoning, garlic salt, lemon pepper, mixes of rubs. Try Asian food stores for the curry paste, Old Bay should be in the meat department of your favorite grocery. Other mixes you can often get at health food stores in the bulk section (my Winco has them - love the bulk section!)
  • kfentress
    kfentress Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to use mild Pace Picante Sauce on my eggs. It really gives them flavor. I cook the scrambled eggs first, then spoon some over the top!
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    1) Try new herb and spice combinations. --- be bold and brave! try to punch it up a little with chilis... personally i love curries and got a great ccok book of over 500 curry dishes.

2) Eat Seasonally. Local and season produce simply has more flavor satisfaction.

3) For many dishes I also found i can get the most "punch" for my salt if i use a "flake" sea salt and apply a little after the dish is done cooking. With this I am assuming you are already avoiding processed foods and cooking from scratch.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Salt generally makes food less bland. Do you have high blood pressure? If not, I vote salt. If you do, then it depends what you're cooking, as there are thousands of spices to try.
  • Kimsoontobe
    Options
    No I don't have high blood pressure just trying not to have it. I'm burnt out on Mrs Dash.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Food is going to taste bland without salt. If you dont have a medical problem a little salt is not bad for you. Some people get used to the taste without salt after awhile...makes you eat less if it doesnt tast so good! I started putting savory on my veggies and in soups, it enhances the flavor. Research online what spices go well with different food types. Fresh herbs can be very flavorful.
  • Kimsoontobe
    Options
    Thank you all...
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Mrs Dash does it all the time! :flowerforyou:
  • missfabulous
    missfabulous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just bought a salt-free greek seasoning that was awesome! got it at wallmart. I put it on chicken so far
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I use a combination of Mrs. Dash and either a salt substitute (whatever you do, stay away from morton's brand, it has a metallic after taste. I use alsosalt, which doesn't have that after taste at all. http://www.alsosalt.com/) or I use a very small amount of real salt, just to enhance the seasonings.
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Curry paste, Old Bay Seasoning, garlic salt, lemon pepper, mixes of rubs. Try Asian food stores for the curry paste, Old Bay should be in the meat department of your favorite grocery. Other mixes you can often get at health food stores in the bulk section (my Winco has them - love the bulk section!)

...most of those things carry LOADS of sodium...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    No I don't have high blood pressure just trying not to have it. I'm burnt out on Mrs Dash.
    Salt doesn't cause high blood pressure.
  • Kimsoontobe
    Options
    Oh okay I never knew that. Thank you.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have never looked the sodium in spices so I may be way off here but I love fresh basil, fresh cilantro, smoky paparika, and curry powder. I also chop jalapeno's into lots of things. Minced garlic from the jar is good in everything at my house. And pepper. White pepper, mixed pepper, always add some pepper. I don't use any salt in itself to speak of but when I do I like to grind it so I get a few bigger chunks rather than risk over sprinkling.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Try seasoning with jalopenos, rooster sauce, fresh cilantro, basil, garlic, onion, bell pepper, cumin, lemons or lime, red pepper flakes, mccormick seasoning blends and marinades, fresh grind italian seasoning, chili paste, hope this helps
  • Kimsoontobe
    Options
    Yes thank you
  • Kimsoontobe
    Options
    Thank you
  • Kimsoontobe
    Options
    Thank you