Recipes for Rice Noodles

Options
LifeChanged2000
LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
I have bought some rice noodles (Thai) and now I am looking for some great recipes. Does anyone have any they would like to share?

Replies

• tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What size are they??
    There are so many things you can do with them, but here's a start

thin ones(think angel hair):http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Vegetable-Summer-Rolls-105012

thick ones(think fettucine):http://www.khiewchanta.com/mobile/noodle-dishes/isan-chicken-spaghetti-ka-noom-1.html
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When I make rice noodles, I make pho.
  • karenefwalsh
    karenefwalsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just bought rice noodles for the first time. Thanks for the web sites.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Pancit With Chicken and Shrimp (Bihon rice noodle)

Ingredients:

1 1/2- Pounds chicken breast cubed
    12-15 Medium shrimp cleaned cut in half
    4- Carrots cut at an angle
    4- Stalks celery cut at an angle
    1- Medium sweet onion sliced thin
    1- Pound Napa cabbage sliced (almost shredded)
    1- Bunch (1/2 cup) Green onion sliced 1" lengths
    2- Cloves of fresh garlic chopped
    1- Pound Bihon rice noodles
    1- Cup chicken broth
    3.5- TBS Soy sauce (low sodium works)
    1- TBS Oyster sauce
    3/4- TBS 3 Crabs brand Fish Sauce
    2- TBS Sesame oil

Directions:

Begin by soaking the rice noodles in water. About
    15 - 45 mins.

Heat 1 TBS oil over medium heat, and cook chicken. When finished, add oyster sauce, and
    a 1 TBS of soy sauce. Combine, and transfer to a bowl.

Return the pan to medium high heat and add another TBS of oil. Add carrots and celery cook for a minute or so. Add sweet onion and garlic. Cook for another minute or so, then add the Napa cabbage, green onions, chicken, shrimp, chicken broth, 2.5 TBS soy sauce, fish sauce. Toss, and combine. Drain the rice noodles. Cook until the cabbage breaks down. (You still want a crunch on the other veggies.) Add the rice noodles. Really toss the noodles around and you will see the dish come together. The noodles will absorb most of the liquid. You will need a pretty big container to dump the Pancit into! Give it a final toss, and eat!

Sounds like a lot of work, but the dish comes togther really fast so it’s best to have everything prepped ahead of time. Makes 10-12 servings.
    At 10 servings it’s 195 calories.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Sauteed with peanut sauce. I usually throw a mix of the following in a blender:

peanut butter
    garlic
    ginger
    soy sauce
    brown sugar
    rice vinegar
    lime juice
    sriacha

Top noodles with cilantro, other fresh vegs, lime wedges. Easy dinner.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Sauteed with peanut sauce. I usually throw a mix of the following in a blender:

peanut butter
    garlic
    ginger
    soy sauce
    brown sugar
    rice vinegar
    lime juice
    sriacha

Top noodles with cilantro, other fresh vegs, lime wedges. Easy dinner.
    Gosh your sauce sounds wonderful
  • ki4yxo
    Options
    That does sound good!

Do you have the quantities, or a recipe? :tongue:
  • sistrsprkl
    Options
    I wouldn't even want to guess my quantities, but here's a recipe that looks very similar. Lots of ginger though so may want to watch that.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/peanut-sauce
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Almost sounds like a pad thai sauce....important to have noodles done before.

I usually soak my noodles in hot 120 degree water from faucet and let soak for 15 to 20 min then if using right away I do not shock it..... (vice vrrsa)....make sure sauce is premade. Can prob add some sesame oil to bring sauce together.
    then just have deep pan or wok is better and high heat then oil then add noodles and protein and then sauce it it and toss it
  • ki4yxo
    Options
    I wouldn't even want to guess my quantities, but here's a recipe that looks very similar. Lots of ginger though so may want to watch that.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/peanut-sauce

Cool thanks! That gives me a good base. (wow, you're right about the ginger!)

It does remind me of a pad thai type dish! I take it you use the wider rice noodles,
    instead of the thinner bihon style noodles?
  • sistrsprkl
    Options
    After thinking about it, that recipe has to mean 1, 1 inch piece of ginger. It's a misprint.

Yes, I use the type of noodles typically used for pad thai. I also make pad thai and it is pretty much the same sauce but I add catsup and tamarind paste. And I prepare the dish differently (fry shallots & garlic in peanut oil, scramble in eggs, add protein, add soaked noodles, cook until noodles are just about done, add sauce, sprinkle in sugar and salt alternatively until desired taste/texture).
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe for a spicy pork topping over a thai dressed rice noodle. Also delicious with turkey.

http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/01/pork-noodle-salad.html
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    omigosh, such a dangerous topic...must have rice noodles with peanut sauce...
  • ki4yxo
    Options
    After thinking about it, that recipe has to mean 1, 1 inch piece of ginger. It's a misprint.

Yes, I use the type of noodles typically used for pad thai. I also make pad thai and it is pretty much the same sauce but I add catsup and tamarind paste. And I prepare the dish differently (fry shallots & garlic in peanut oil, scramble in eggs, add protein, add soaked noodles, cook until noodles are just about done, add sauce, sprinkle in sugar and salt alternatively until desired taste/texture).

I think you're right, otherwise that would be ginger overload!
    I think this will be my next dish after I eat up some leftovers,
    and make room in the fridge..
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thick noodles pho or pad thai. I love pho but I've never made it. Must serve with all the herbs ,bean sprouts and jalapeños.
    For skinny vermicelli type, summer rolls using any kind of meat or veggies.shrimp,pork and basil or mint is yummy.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You guys are making my mouth water. :tongue: Thanks for sharing.