What's Your Goal?

Options
And what are you doing to get there? Please share.

I'll start:

I will weigh less then 200 lbs. by my 42nd birthday on May 14th, 2014. To achieve that I will lose roughly 10 pounds a month. To do that I will exercise at least 5 days a week, use the appropriate supplements and eat clean 6 days a week. Allowing myself to have one cheat meal a week if necessary.

Anyone else want to share?

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Wow.... No one??? Thanks for the support guys.... :(
  • strattonlouise
    Options
    My total goal is to lose 100 lbs. I lost 42 lbs about 3 years ago. As of this past Saturday, I have hopped back on the bandwagon and am going to lose the remaining 58 lbs, hopefully within a year's time.

I lost the first 42 lbs by keeping my calorie intake under 2,000 and exercising a lot.

This time I am focusing more on my eating habits and getting back into the exercising routine with adding weight training along with my walking.

I am current sticking to 1,500-1,600 calories per day for now because I need to gradually get back into my exercise program. Once I up my exercising, I will up my calorie intake as well.

I am not choosing to "diet". I am instead eating three meals a day of around 500 calories each that consist of whole foods -- meat, a lot of fresh vegetables, and some fruit. The only liquids I am drinking is either ice water or ice water with a touch of 100% cranberry juice.

Losing 10 lbs/month is a fairly aggressive goal. If you don't make it, don't be discouraged. Losing 1-2 lbs/month is more feasible. It took me a year and a half to lose the 42 lbs, but I have kept it off without too much trouble. Good luck with your goal!
  • HKHAN1982
    HKHAN1982 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have 10-20 lbs to lose, mostly baby weight that I have been trying to lose for 3 yrs now :( I've tried boot camps, personal training, cardio. Nowadays, I just try to do 25-40 mins of cardio 3 times a week as I don't find more time to dedicate to working out with a full time job and 2 kids and a hubby. I will try to change my eating habits as that has been what's been holding me back. Any tips/advice for a busy/working mom would be much appreciated :)

And good luck to you as well!
  • RockabillyHellKat
    Options
    I don't have a time frame of my ultimate goal, as it's taken me a long time to be where I currently am today. My weight fluctuates quite a bit. But I'm currently 136 pounds and a size 9/10. I started out at 150 pounds in a size 13/14. My main focus is to keep working out at least 4-5 times a week using the elliptical, alternating days for weight lifting, and using my Jillian Michaels DVDs b/c I love her circuit training! I have about 21 more pounds to lose and a ton of determination.

Best of luck to you in your personal goals! Keep up the excellent work! :smile:

*Edit: Plus, calorie counting like crazy. No diets, no deprivation, just being smarter about what I'm eating.
  • Paula5130
    Paula5130 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 11-5 by Christmas (MFP UK challenge), but 10 stone by April 21st. This is a major plan for me, as its taken a year to loose 2 and a half stone ( starting weight was 208). I exercise 4 to 5 days a week, cardio and weight training, I record EVERYTHING on MFP even the bad.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    To weigh as much as I did before I had my two kids. 15 lbs to go!!
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    To finally see my abs that have been hiding all these years.
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    To be within my Marine Corps height and weight standards, which at my height of 5'3 is 130 lbs or less. I'm aiming for 125. Currently at 170 I believe, but I havent weighed myself in about 2 weeks.

Smaller goals that I have already met without really realizing they were good goals until I noticed them happening:
    1) my ring size dropped! I can fit in my high school ring and I now need a spacer just to keep my wedding ring on
    2) fit back into pre-prego jeans! (this one actually was a conscience goal)
    3) old stretchy pants are now too big!
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    My Long-term goal is to lose about 100lbs. I think that would be a healthy weight for my height. Short-term I would like to lose about 50 lbs by June of next year because my cousin is getting married and I am the Matron of Honor and I must look fierce in my dress. To do that, I am exercising about 30 minutes or more per day 6 days a week (give myself 1 day to rest). I am making better choices and sticking to my 1200 calories a day and drinking plenty of water. I am going light on red meat (I love burgers) and light on the carbs (I love potatoes, french fries and etc) I have cut out sodas all together and other sugary drinks, even diet. Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables. I am giving myself a year to complete my long-term goal.
  • atthebeach08
    atthebeach08 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal of 25 pound loss in 8 months,as my doctor told me that number would take 100 pounds of pressure off my knees . I had bone on bone and am better and don't need knee replacement right now. I lost about 25 inches all over and went from a tight size 14 jeans to a comfortable size 8. I have kept the pounds off for 4 months but would be very happy for another 5 pounds and be in the 150's. It was easier to lose the 25 than it has the 5. My self esteem has increased and I am much happier and like myself and the way I look in clothes now. I do agree that 10 pounds a month is a big task and to accomplish that I think you will be starving yourself so be careful and be excited with a 5 to 6 pound lose a month. Good luck.
  • Fiona_Cami89
    Fiona_Cami89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight loss would be 48lbs to get back to what I weighed 5 years ago.

I've made myself a paper chart with one circle per lb and for every lb I lose, I get to cross one off! It let's me see that I AM making progress and keeps me going, even if I'm having a bad day!

Today marks a solid week, pathetic I know but it's a start.
    I'm down 2.4lbs so I have 45.6lbs to go! I'd like to aim for 1.25lbs a week/5lbs a month & IDEALLY reach this goal by June 2014 (9 months) but I'm not bothered how long it takes (within reason! Not like 10 years haha) as long as I get there! :)

I'm doing this for me, my self-esteem is through the floor and I hide in a crowd. I'm a shadow of the girl I used to be due to several set-backs in life (but hey, who hasn't had them?!) and food either became my comfort or something to do.

NOW I'm ready to start living! :D
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I want to fit back into my wedding dress by my 25th wedding anniversary. (1 1/2 years)
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My next mini goal is to hit lower than 200lbs by the 1st of January, which will be my one year anniversary of my health transformation. My ultimate goal is somewhere in the 140-150 range, haven't quite decided yet where I'll land. To do it, I'm going to keep doing what I have been doing. Eating sensibly, exercising 4-5 times per week. I also have fitness goals. I've walked two 5K's this summer and three 10K's, my next fitness goal is a 1/2 marathon walk in two weeks. Next on the list is to start the couch to 5K running program, run some 5K's over the winter and start training for a mini triathlon next summer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to be more awesome than I was yesterday; tomorrow I intend to be more awesome than I am today...if that's even possible....
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Those are some good goals and sounds like a realistic plan to achieve them!

My goal is to hit 175 lbs by the end of April 2014. That's about 1lb per week of weight loss which is very realistic. I want to get strong and lean, tired of the flab on my stomach that's accumulated over the years.

I'm going to do this by weight lifting 4 times a week in my basement and doing cardio 3-4 times a week as well as eating at a 20% deficit and making healthier food choices throughout the day. I'm also controlling my portion sizes by using a digital food scale.

It's nice to see so many other people on here working towards their goals as well!