3 lb loss after metabolic reset!

Options
I know 3 lbs isn't a lot, but I have been unable to convince my body to lose weight for a while now. I tried everything. So, instead I gave myself 9 weeks to reset my metabolism, and voilà!
I've lost 3 lbs in less than 2 weeks. (Official weigh in is tomorrow for 2 week mark.)

I've even dropped a pants size, and even the new pants seem loose.

Replies

• Diyamommy
    Options
    what is metabolic reset, I googled it, a bunch of products came up, what did you do?
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I ate at maintenance for 9 weeks. The idea behind it is to eat at the calorie level you need to NOT LOSE for several weeks, and no cardio. Strength training only, if you want.
    You WILL gain a few lbs.
    I gained 5.
    Once you are at a point where you don't gain or lose, you are supposed to decrease and add cardio.
    It is for people who have dieted or ate below TDEE for so long that their body just won't allow weight loss.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Thats great news. So did you lose the 5 you gained + 3?
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great job! Plateaus are so frustrating. I also eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks when I hit one, and then bam - four pounds will drop off as soon as I start restricting calories again.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    @suziepoo1984 - nope. This 3 is of the 5. But I'm still counting it as success. :)
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go....This must be my problem I have had a plateau for over a month but I have now added workout on an elliptical instead of just walking so I am sure I am building muscles. I sure hope it gets to moving soon cause Yes its frustrating me!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!