3 medium ribs celery
3 cups mashed pumpkin
3 cups water
1 cube vegetable broth or amount needed to equal two cups of broth
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
Ground black pepper
1 cup milk

Sauté chopped onion & garlic in oil. Add water, broth, CHOPPED vegetables & spices. Bring to boil and simmer COVERED for about 20 min (until carrots are tender). Add pumpkin and milk and stir until well blended. Working in batches, blend until smooth (I like to leave a small portion with some chucks, but you can do what you want). Pour back into pan and heat through. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds if you like (I use ww crackers).

I use fresh pumpkin, but I'm sure you can substitue canned. If you want to use fresh, the round green ones are best. Cut in half, clean out seeds and pulp. Cover each half with tin foil and bake, flesh side down, at 190°C for 1 1/2 hours. Scoop out flesh and mash with a fork.

My values came out to 21.35 servings each of 100 grams (sorry....I don't use cups).

Per 100 gram serving:

cals = 22.11
carbs = 3.28
pro = .75
fat = .85

You can do your own values by measuring all ingredients and then taking the total weight of the soup at the end in grams or cups. Enter in all food and get the total values of cals, carbs, etc. Then divide each value by the grand total.

Example:

My soup weighed 2,135 grams which would equal 21.35 100 gram servings
Total calories for all the soup were 472.

472 / 21.35 = 22.11

Total carbs were 70

70 / 21.35 = 3.28

and so on......

Replies

• Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Do NOT add more water where I put broth....that is just a guide for how many cubes or granuals to use. The 3 cups water are sufficient.
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Do NOT add more water where I put broth....that is just a guide for how many cubes or granuals to use. The 3 cups water are sufficient.

I am going to make this this week
  • mamaleo1976
    mamaleo1976 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.
  • kar74
    kar74 Posts: 49
    Options
    I just finished making this recipe and it is DELICIOUS! I believe it made about 10 cups so I need to add it into my recipes and figure out the nutrition per cup. Seriously - this recipe does NOT disappoint! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :flowerforyou:

Edit: I did make a few alterations. I had everything but the veggie broth so I had to use a beef cube. I also used Fat Free Half & Half for the milk portion. I also like my pumpkin soup with a little sweetness to it so I threw in a Splenda packet (per 2 cups) and sprinkled some cinnamon on top.
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ok bumping as its winter here and I want to make pumpkin soup this week
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    YUM made it today and it was very good. I probably should ahve put a little more water in as mine is very thick made just over 1800g so mine was 32 cals per 100g serve so still good
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • thisdesiderata
    Options
    bump

This sounds so delicious! :)