Support for weekly weigh-ins

Options
I used to be obsessed with weighing daily so I could see my regular fluctuation but it's only been bringing me down. I am a serial weigher and have been for years. I started to space out my weigh-ins to every few days and am now working on weighing in only once a week. I think this will help me and motivate me. Anyone else trying the same thing? We can support each other.

Replies

• epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I didn't own a scale for years because it was such an addiction. I own one now because I need to monitor my weight loss for health reasons but I am trying very hard to keep it to once a week. I would really like to make it every 2 but I just don't have that self control right now. controlling food and excercise seems hard enough!
  • Susie0307
    Susie0307 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week (same time of day). It took me a while to figure out which day was best for me. If I weighed in more than weekly, I became obsessed and depressed! Good luck!
  • jessicahill530
    jessicahill530 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on saturday mornings. Feel free to add me.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    It is hard, I took baby steps and it has worked so far. For example, I'd weigh myself without clothes on every morning. So instead of running to the scale after using the bathroom, I put my clothes on first...don't feel like taking them off again, so no weighing in today. It's strange, but it works.
  • safrinaxx
    safrinaxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I recently started weekly weigh ins as I too am a serial weigh-er! I much prefer it this way, mainly because if I ever feel unmotivated, I know weigh in day is soon and that usually kicks my butt in to action :) Feel free to add me!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I weigh in nearly every day to keep an eye on things but only "officially" weigh in on Sundays. I also take measurements that day. I have found that if I dont weigh in often, I will slip up and then skip the weekly update.

I dont weight in throughout the day though. Only first thing in the morning after my morning ablutions. .
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been tormenting myself daily with the scales & am trying to wean myself down to once a week .
  • rose313
    Options
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day, no idea if I actually lost anything or not, I'm dreading it
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Cheer up! Even if you didn't you can go back over the last week in your mind and figure out why and sort it out for the next week! (I'm also a serial offender when it comes to weighing in daily but luckily my scales got dropped a while back and stopped working and my new ones won't be here for a few days :laugh: )
  • rose313
    Options
    WOW! I actually lost half a pound last week and about a pound this week! I have never lost weight with any consistency before. Maybe I'm just having a lucky few weeks or maybe my subconscious was keeping me from losing before with weighing daily.

Before my motivation was all negative, I was saying to myself "I'm half a pound up this morning, so I can't eat badly today!" Now I am saying "I have lost weight, and I am making better decisions to keep it off and lose more!"

So it seems to be working well for me so far. I no longer feel like I HAVE to weigh. I was nervous this morning and figured I'd gain, because I'm used to always gaining. I could not believe I actually had lost.