Good workout ideas for the winter

Options
To be honest I don't like gyms, currently I am walking outdoors, need some good ideas for the upcoming winter months, good exercize videos or ideas I could do in my home THANK YOU

Replies

• bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Run up & down stairs, push ups, squats, lunges, crunches, dips, etc. You can find a ton of stuff that doesn't require a gym. Walk around the maill instead of outside is sometimes an option depending on where you live.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Here is a terrific site for free work out videos: http://www.fitnessblender.com/

Good luck!
  • tiguer
    tiguer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you have any equipment like a treadmill or an elliptical?
    I use both of mine all winter long and distract my brain by reading books or watching movies on my ipad. Having the ipad or tablet as a distraction helps to drown out the "I cant's" and "this is so boring."
  • Sarahrahi
    Sarahrahi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Here is a terrific site for free work out videos: http://www.fitnessblender.com/

Good luck!

Lovvvvve Fitness Blender...Definitely recommend :) Try them they have all kinds of stuff....cardio, strength, toning, muscle building....you can pick and choose and do something new every day to keep things interesting.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I look up Zumba videos on youtube. Also, I found tae bo videos. Youtube has a lot of great options.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • justgetitdone
    justgetitdone Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why not walk outside in the winter?? I run outside all winter if the sidewalks are plowed, you just need to dress for the conditions.
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Visit www.hasfit.com for strength training ideas. I'm on board with walking outdoors - I run outside and winter is the best for it! Stairs too - will work your legs differently too!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Compound lifts are fantastic!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Why not walk outside in the winter?? I run outside all winter if the sidewalks are plowed, you just need to dress for the conditions.

agreed.

Few things compare to being the first/only footprints in new snow.
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am going to do a combination of Biggest Loser 2 workout dvd, Jillian Ripped in 30, Wii Fitness Plus and other workout (games), plus mall walking and I will still walk outside as long as the roads/sidewalks are clear. I'm not going to let myself get the winter blues by being stuck inside all winter.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I look up Zumba videos on youtube. Also, I found tae bo videos. Youtube has a lot of great options.

I agree. I just started zumba on youtube yesterday and im sold! I love it
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I still workout outside in the winter...I just dress a little warmer...put on some gloves, a hat and a long sleeved shirt under my t-shirt...seems to do the trick...then I get my fresh air too:) Why coop yourself up inside when you have been enjoying the outdoors all summer long?
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This will be my first winter running and I'm just going to kit myself out with some winter running gear, to keep myself warm and the rain off. Not sure how I'll cope in the snow, but I just can't image being indoors all winter and I don't own a treadmill, good luck with whatever you do, it's all good as long as you are moving.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I've always hated winter. However, running has me out of the house in the winter. Somehow it doesn't seem bad when you're running. Crazy but running has made winter bearable for me!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. Dress for it and you might find you like it!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    You can find a whole slew of body weight workouts searching YouTube.