Subway Problem (Help Needed)

Options

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Although I haven't checked their web site, I am assuming that their flat bread is lower carb then their standard rolls.

Nope.

Footlong "Flatbread": 440 Calories, 76 g Carbs
    Footlong Italian: 400 Calories, 76 Carbs
  • stephiehampshire
    Options
    OOO MAAAANNNNNNN you have made me REALLY want a subway now!!!! jeeze .....

Thankfully Im going for a bike ride so I can fit it in ***toddles off to subway****
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Go low carb the rest of the day and replace the lettuce for spinach or whatever you want, like others have said.
  • stephiehampshire
    Options
    In all seriousness I would find a seperate place to get your food from, or get a salad bowl with the meat and veg that you can eat then take it home and make up some rice to go with it or something?

Or schedule in some cardio on the day so you can afford the extra carbs?
  • jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't eat Subway. That's the bottom line. IT's FULL of carbs (and omg, I love Subway. I'd eat it every day if I could) but if you're concerned about the carbs and can't eat the salad, then perhaps the best bet for you is to eat something else on the days when your wife wants Subway. Is there anyway that you two could compromise and instead of TWO times a week she cuts down to ONCE a week? IF so, one night of Subway wouldn't be the end of the world. Just have them "scoop" the bread.

This is it. If you can't eat Subway, don't eat Subway. I love Subway now and then, but my S/O can't handle ANY carbs -- so we don't go to Subway.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    You could let your wife eat the Subway and you could make your own meal at home.

Or perhaps she can go to HIS favorite place and watch HIM eat.

You know, sorta like what you're saying he should do for her.

That was a really stupid response. Not even going to sugar coat it.

The OP has stated that they live in a small town and Subway is a regular occurrence 1-2x a week. This doesn't sound like a date night or special occasion event, but a regular meal that does not seem to fit into his eating habits. So, rather than make himself attempt to fit something into his diet plan when it doesn't sound like he has to or even really wants to and make his wife skip what she wants, I would suggest letting his wife pick up her meal, since Subway is a fast-food joint and to-go is commonplace, and they can eat together at home and he can make what fits into his plan. I highly doubt the titillating atmosphere of eat-in Subway is too hard to pass up for eating at home.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You could let your wife eat the Subway and you could make your own meal at home.

The OP has stated that they live in a small town and Subway is a regular occurrence 1-2x a week. This doesn't sound like a date night or special occasion event, but a regular meal that does not seem to fit into his eating habits. So, rather than make himself attempt to fit something into his diet plan when it doesn't sound like he has to or even really wants to and make his wife skip what she wants, I would suggest letting his wife pick up her meal, since Subway is a fast-food joint and to-go is commonplace, and they can eat together at home and he can make what fits into his plan. I highly doubt the titillating atmosphere of eat-in Subway is too hard to pass up for eating at home.

I apologize.

I didn't realize that you were actually assuming that the OP didn't know that his wife could get her sandwich TO GO.

And I thought I underestimated people.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    remove the top half of the bread and eat it open faced to cut your carbs in half. or ask for a fork and eat the meat off, for instance if you get a philly, meatball or chicken breast, and pick at the bread as you want rather than eating an entire loaf.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

I apologize.

I didn't realize that you were actually assuming that the OP didn't know that his wife could get her sandwich TO GO.

You're just not getting it. Don't worry, you didn't underestimate me, you just can't read. At. All.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I apologize.

lol wut?

You make no sense.
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Pick up something you like someplace else. Nothing says you both need to eat the same food.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    6" sub, double meat
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ask them to hollow out the bread. It removes most of the inside and just leaves a shell basically.

This is what I do! Subway is our go to on road trips :) no I do not want to pack a cooler :P
    Double meat no cheese extra mustard and veggies mmmm mmmmm mmmmmm I'm hungry now
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    salad is more expensive than sandwich
    get sandwich
    dump on plate
    throw bread to dogs
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    While not ideal, I would get your sub and bring it home. Buy some of the low carb tortilla wraps from the store and just swap out the bread for the low carb tortilla. That way you get your Subway fix but reduce the carb intake.

I usually do this for cold cut sammies anyway.

You can bring them in and they will build it on there for you as well.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I feel like your wife should be understanding and not force you to eat things that you cannot eat. Stop by a different place that is nearby, or get a big soup instead of a sub sandwich. Or take half the bread off...
  • boji4ever
    boji4ever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No need to double the meat. Get a 12 inch uncut, then toss the top and fold the bottom over...you have double the meat and only carbs from a 6 inch. We are huge Subway fans, too. Kids love it as well and better for them than the other "fast food" alternatives on game nights.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    No need to double the meat. Get a 12 inch uncut, then toss the top and fold the bottom over...you have double the meat and only carbs from a 6 inch. We are huge Subway fans, too. Kids love it as well and better for them than the other "fast food" alternatives on game nights.

Cheaper just to do the 6" double meat option, unless you want all those veggies, then this is a good option
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

I apologize.

lol wut?

You make no sense.

That stings, especially coming from a poster whose considered response is "lol wut?"
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My wife loves Subway, so we eat it once overy week or 2, if not more.

I have to issues. All the carbs. I'm not on Atkins! But I am on a lower carb eating plan to shed some weight. My 2nd issue, due to a stomach issue, I can not process lettuce. So salads are out.

So you can see my dillema. The sandwichs are SO CARBY.

Any idea on how to curtail? Thanks!

PS.....I usually get a foot long to avoid the pull of chips, etc. Plus I'm a big guy, I need my food!

Your wife likes Subway.......OK...but why do you have to eat it? My OH likes Big Macs but I never touch them. Get her to bring the Subway home then you can make yourself something else.

You say you can't process lettuce but salads are not just about lettuce. What about the other veg that's available?