Easy to prepared, healthy lunch ideas for a college student

I go to a small community college, which I have around a 30 minute to an hour lunch break before my last class (1:00). I usually eat a snack during this time since I'm low on money until I get home or get a ride to get something to eat, but I hate it when I get gross takeout food. But anyway, I could barely cook (Only able to make grilled cheese sandwiches. XD) and want to make my own meals once and a while. Are there any easy -prepared lunch that I could make that are healthy as well? I'm trying to go back being pesketarian/vegetarian, but at the moment I've been eating white meats to slowly go back.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I go to a small community college, which I have around a 30 minute to an hour lunch break before my last class (1:00). I usually eat a snack during this time since I'm low on money until I get home or get a ride to get something to eat, but I hate it when I get gross takeout food. But anyway, I could barely cook (Only able to make grilled cheese sandwiches. XD) and want to make my own meals once and a while. Are there any easy -prepared lunch that I could make that are healthy as well? I'm trying to go back being pesketarian/vegetarian, but at the moment I've been eating white meats to slowly go back.

Sandwiches/wraps

stir frys

biambap
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Wash and stab a few holes into a sweet potato, then microwave on high for 5 minutes. Cut into chunks and mix with some black beans and brown rice.
    This is my go-to quick meal/snack, so easy and delicious!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Prepare, not prepared.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Learn how to cook! Seriously, it is not hard! Two years ago my meals consisted mainly of mac'n'cheese and frozen meals. Now, I cook nearly every meal I eat. Find some recipes and experiment.
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    What I do I prepare my meals for a week...

hard boil eggs

starkist tuna

boca burgers with honey its good

pb and jelly

apples

also i do vegan 1 its a protein shake

kale chips

luna bars

trail mix

yogurt

if you are drinking milk try almond milk only 30 calories and they have chocolate 2

zico coconut water soooo good
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Stir fry is really easy to make, I have a few recipes if you would like them. You can add tofu to make it have more protein and meat like substance in it.

I usually bring left overs to work, I will cook a few large dinners each week and then store them in portion sized containers for easy re-heating. Get a lunch box with an ice pack.

You can also get like lean cuisine meals but they aren't very good IMO. If you are going vegetarian Amy's makes frozen meals that are low calorie and pretty healthy and they are all organic.

Sandwiches and Wraps are good ideas as well.. You could make like an avocado and tomato sandwich with cheese and lettuce...

Try looking up easy recipes online and then just follow them to the T and you should be successful! Cooking isn't too hard once you give it a try.

Also I am pescetarian so you can take a look at my diary for meal ideas!
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    I like cooking, but not at lunchtime. I often eat an assortment of snacks:
    1 dill pickle
    6 olives
    1 ryecrisp cracker
    1 oz cheddar cheese or one piece string cheese
    6 pepperoni chips (zap the pepperoni in the microwave)

I make vegetable soup in the crockpot and have a cup of that with a couple of whole grain crackers and some cheese.

I make a big salad with a large assortment of vegetables and a hard boiled egg.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Peanut butter and banana on whole wheat bread
    Chicken broth or veggie broth with lots of cut up veggies - holds well in a thermos
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    oh, rice pudding.