Would love support & weight loss buddies

dgilner
dgilner Posts: 120 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone -
I have been a member of mfp for a while now, but just now discovering the message boards.
My name is Dawn - I am 38 (for one more month) and am working towards a goal of losing 110 lbs. I have already dropped 36 but have a long way to go. Trying to focus on one day at a time.
I would love some support and company along this journey of mine! I have a long way to go - it always helps to know there are people working along beside of you! Thanks so much!

Replies

• mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Hi Dawn - I have recently started back up again... Feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on :smile:
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Got my support! ADD ME IF YOU LIKE:heart:
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome Dawn - you can add me and we can support each other! Love to hear about your new jouney ahead. WELCOME!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ttspears
    ttspears Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I just started about a week ago and I love this website. I did weight watchers before but this is so much easier and very helpful with all the support you get. I am here to help in any way I can. I lost 5lbs my first week. Welcome and lets get going!! We can do this!!!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    I just added you as a friend. It looks like you are definitely on the right path and, I will add, that the support group here is amazing! We all have bad days, eat bad things or get in a rut and we find a way to help each other out, and not do so criticizing. Welcome to the boards....
  • :flowerforyou: Sending you love and positive wishes today!!!! Congratulations on your 36lbs lost!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Hi Dawn! First, congratulations on 36 pound weight loss! You should be so proud of your success. My name is Lisa, I'm 47 years old, and I just started (again). I had lost 5 pounds in one month over the summer but then stopped logging in and went "off the wagon" and gained it back and more! Arrghhh! It really helps to log in everyday and post what you're eating to keep count of calories. I want to lose 25 pounds. I've been doing Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds workouts and that seems to help, too.

I need some motivation tips for the evening. It seems after dinner I want to keep running to the kitchen looking to munch while watching TV.

Best wishes to you and your continued success:smile:

Lisa
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    I just started yesterday. I lost a lot of weight 20 years ago and kept it off for about 2 years. Now my starting weight is almost 20lbs. higher than it was then! We're going to visit our son in Costa Rica in a year - I don't want to go looking like this!. My downfall is sweets and I eat when I'm depressed. I just have to get this under control. I know it's possible because I did it once. I know you can do it too!
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Hi Dawn! My name is Anne I am 40 and have lost 10 of the 60 pounds I need to lose. I recently discovered running and hope to run a 5k soon. I like to lift weights and enjoy the gym (who knew!). I'll add you as a friend and we can support each other. I have been on MFP for a little while and I'm just getting into the message boards too. I read them a lot, but haven't really taken advantage of all the great support here. I look forward to getting to know you. :happy:
  • Foxfire53
    Foxfire53 Posts: 9 Member
    I just started in August. Just add me as a friend. We can encourage each other in this journey. I have a lot more weight to lose also.:flowerforyou:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    36 pounds already lost is amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Great job on the 36 lbs. I am relatively new to this site and also have a lot of weight to loss. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Hi and welcome to the boards! Congrats on your weight loss so far, that's awesome!
  • I'm starting back up as well. I would love to be friends and help support
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    You are doing so well! Great start. I joined MFP last month. Presently I am close to maintenance -- perhaps looking to drop another 3 pounds. But I know what it's like to have a large amount of weight to lose as I went from a size 22W to a 10 through the years. With MFP I am looking to make a healthy lifestyle my "norm.". I'm with you! Have put in a friend request. Stay with the program -- it works!
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Hi,
    I just started up about a week ago. I love it, but think the friend option is one of the most helpful. Its great to know you are doing it with other people!!
This discussion has been closed.