My Hubbie and My Goals

Options
Gotta love that hubbie of mine. Ed is in the hospital for the second time this month with what appears to be possible cardiac or pulmonary problems. It has been a scary time for both of us; but even from his hospital bed, he is still thinking about me.

He just called me with the curious question. He asked, "Did you weigh yourself this morning?" I told him that I weighed yesterday, and I was 201.2 pounds. In a joyful voice, he said... "You weigh LESS THAN ME, Mama!"

Apparently, he got the nurse to weigh him this morning; and he was 202 pounds. He wanted to me to know that I had reached another goal...to finally weigh less than my husband.

Somehow, that just didn't seem so important today; but the fact that he was thinking about ME and my puny, little weight loss goals, even while he is in the hospital and still in pain, 'out-weighed' everything. His love means so much more to me than ounces, pounds, the size of my clothes, how many calories I am eating or anything else today. His loving concern for me overwhelms me at times like this.

Isn't it amazing how some MFP goals seem so important one day; and the next day, they pale in the comparison to those bigger things in life...like the love of spouses and family.

Don't forget to stop and think about the BIGGER THINGS in life today. I thank God every day for the wonderful man in my life, for my friends (on and offline) and my God's grace and mercy, especially in trying times like this.

:heart: Special Ed is more important than any weight loss goal. :heart:

07-17-13SpecialEd01_zps17a950e4.jpg

Replies

• timg760
    timg760 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i dig this
  • THIS is the most poignant, elegantly written TRUTH I have read in a very long time. Well said and very, very meaningful. What a wonderful example you set to us all!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    OMG so sweet. You've got a keeper there! :) (Not that you probably needed to know that but nice to hear usually anyway)
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is soooo sweet! Thank you for sharing!
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Amen sister! Love who God has given you, because he's going to want them back some day. Someone posted that on my Facebook the other day and I wanted to share.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Good news. Ed is being referred to respiratory therapy today and will be discharged later this afternoon...possibly with oxygen.
  • jeannie55
    jeannie55 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I am sitting at my desk crying, that was so sweet and true from the heart. I am so happy to hear he will be coming home and will be at your side once again.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I hope Ed gets better. He sounds like a very neat man who is very devoted and supportive of you.
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love his hat!! Tell Ed I'm praying for him!
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ed is in my thoughts and I am really pulling for him to get better soon. What a wonderful man. You two are such amazing love birds. Thank you!!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sweetest thing I've read in a while!! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good men like ours are not always easy to find. We do have to take care of them.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    Awww it's so great reading about a happy, loving couple :)
  • dmitriunkovsky
    Options
    That was really sweet. Reminded me how thankful I am to have Rose.

Ed will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Awesome news and congratulations!!!! What a wonderful milestone!!! Tell Ed we are all lifting you both up in prayer!!!
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a wonderful man there...I hope he's better soon xxx

I too have a fabulous man. He has had to suffer years of my dieting and poor body image and yet sticks by me and continually tells me I am beautiful and sexy and 'all his smiles'. It makes the world of difference and I cannot be thankful enough that I have him by my side.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I love your post. Lots of prayers for your hubbies speedy recovery.
  • Xtinesky
    Xtinesky Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Shucks, this is so sweet. So glad the two of you are such partners that even when he is in the hospital, he still thinks of you and your achievements.

Congratulations on your achievement. It's the icing on your cake :)
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It is wonderful to read that so many of you have special spouses in your lives. It is priceless to know that you are loved and beautiful in those special eyes that only see the best in you.

I just spoke again with Ed. He will be home about 7 or 8 PM, and the doctor is referring him for a follow up respiratory stress testing appointment to confirm the need for oxygen in the future. Ed is anxious to come home; but he knows that he needs to stay, until his doctor signs the discharge order. Mama said so. :wink:
  • Katiejo97
    Katiejo97 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know you will take good care of him Rose-God bless and keep you both in his loving hands. I love your posts and your enthusiasm-what a wonderful couple you two must make!