90 days of MFP

Options
I'm so glad I found this site in February. I'm even more glad I started actually using it 90 days ago~

I started out with dreams of perfection and rapid weight loss. If I lost 2lbs per week, I'd be at my goal weight in 15 weeks! And at first I kept up the pace. I dutifully ate my 1200 calories+ exercise calorie and lost and lost and lost.

And then I got hungry and tired,

Mind you, this isn't a slam on 1200 calorie diets. I was eating about the same amount as I'm eating now, but the pressure of HAVING to exercise every day to get there was a mindtrip. Starve or run. What if I didn't want to run? Or couldn't run? I hate running.

So I burnt out as I usually do in my quest for perfection. But this time, thanks to support from the MFP community, I stayed engaged. I may have been in the red or gained a pound, but I still logged in. I still logged my food the vast majority of the time - even if it was brutal. And because I forced myself to look at my success AND failures in the eyes, I never strayed for long. I upped my calories and started worrying about consistency, not perfection. The weight WILL come off, even if it takes 2 years. I'll still be ready to celebrate in 2 years :)

It's sad to say, but this is the longest I've ever done anything difficult and growth (excluding marriage, parenting, and school.) So yay!

Anyway, I just wanted to send out a little encouragement - LOG YOU FOOD. Yes, even that entire cake you ate last night.. Then forget about the cake and do better today.

8de83eed-1643-4401-b311-bf42b0945a4d.jpg

d0c11d95-f586-4a71-8e98-3360bed0fb4b.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!