healthy snacks at work

Options
I am looking for a list of what others keep in their desks for snacking on during the day. I eat 5 - 6 meals a day (2 -3 of them being much smaller and in between meals). the things I go for now are apples or other fruit with skin, 100 calorie packs of almonds/nuts, quest bars or luna bars & carrot sticks. I dont eat meat so no jerkey. thank you!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Other than what you listed, I'd add string cheese and yogurt. Hard boiled eggs could work, too. Celery and peanut butter, other veg and hummus or guac or other dip as well.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I generally do protein bars and fruit...
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I pack string cheese, fruit cups, cut up cucumbers, hardboiled eggs and SF pudding cups in my lunch bag. I also keep walnuts microwave popcorn and fiber one bars in my desk to ensure I don't go to the vending machine.
  • samammay
    Options
    Special K crackers. 120 calories per serving and a serving is fairly filling.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Bananas
    Apples
    String cheese
    Yogurt
    Hummus and crackers
    Nuts
    Protein bars
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk!
  • jec228
    jec228 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    microwave popcorn is a great idea!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    :devil: i like to do microwave popcorn. I have the94% fat free Act 2. I like to add a couple spashes of tabasco sauce for some good flavor!
  • lauriehouse
    lauriehouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    String cheese is great! I love avocados...haha.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I take snacks in each day so I don't keep anything there all the time BUT what I do take is:

- fat-free cottage cheese
    - chickpea black bean salad
    - protein drink (which I split over two days because there are two servings per bottle)
    - reduced fat cheese sticks
    - banana
    - watermelon
    - mango
    - carrots/pepeprs/cherry tomatoes & hummus
    - reduced fat wheat thins (16 crackers = 130 calories) and a laughing cow cheese wedge (45 caloried for garden vegetable)
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    People have already said some of this, but things like fruit, string cheese, yogurt, dried fruit (higher in sugar but if you have no medical issues what that, not a big deal). Personally, I keep a box of Wheat Thins in my desk. I have the ranch ones and 15 of them is around 160 calories and does well to keep me full. :) A favorite of mine is the Otria veggie dip with baby carrots. It comes it at around 95 calories for a serving size of both!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Currently I have two donuts and a croissant. No wait! Just one donut and a croissant now.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I keep KIND bars and 100 calorie packs of pretzels in my desk all the time. I bring a couple of pieces of fruit from home each day; don't really like to store them in my desk.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Currently I have two donuts and a croissant. No wait! Just one donut and a croissant now.

my diary shows... peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. but they are GOURMET
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i am at work as we speak, eating a quest bar. so good. a new flavor for me. chocolate peanut butter. its official, i love all their flavors. YUM.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I keep healthy crackers that I don't like so much at my desk (reason being that if i don't like them i'm less inclined to munch them mindlessly). also i bring fruit. sometimes i'll keep tuna, granola bars etc.

In the fridge i keep:
    *yogurt - both plain and diet/fruit ones (i usually dn't like diet foods but i found these really cool diet yogurts with fruit at just 60 cals each. our work fridge is really bad - in some spots it freezes/semi freezes foods so i put the yogurt in the freeze spots and have FroYo lol.
    *sliced cheese
    *low fat cream cheese
    *low fat cottage cheese
    this work for me .
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just don't burn the popcorn! I burned the popcorn at my office and all my coworkers made a BIG deal ;0
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yeees to whoever said watermelon!
  • o2bADyer
    Options
    Kashi bars
    belVita breakfast biscuits
    Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds
  • skinniwoman
    skinniwoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to limit myself on the fruit. Use this as desserts. I usually eat grape tomaotes and small cucumbers. I do believe tomatoes are considered a fruit, but in my mind they are vegetable. LOL and I'm sticking to that.:laugh: