Insanity after Ripped 30??

Options
Hi guys,

I am on Ripped 30 DVD right now. I like this concept of daily exercise for 30 days... I am already thinking of what to do after Ripped 30. I am shyly thinking of Insanity but I AM SO SCARED!!!

Can you tell me :

- how much harder that is than RIpped 30 (if you've done it as well)?
- how to not get freaked out...Insanity sounds to me like some ultimate-athlete-challenge-not-for-us-weaklings...
- how to cope with the fact that in 2 months (60 days) I WILL have some few days (like a short trip) where I will not be able to work out everyday..

Thanks so much for your help!

Replies

• nikky31
    nikky31 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I never have done ripped 30 but I am currently doing insanity (on month 2!). Don't be scared I was nervous like omg this is a lot of money for something that looks like only super fit people can do! I am not fit in any means but am starting to be able to go faster now that I am further into insanity. there are some days you will have to take off! I had to take off 4 days because I got sick just get back at it! don't be completely sedentary though go for a walk or something. Also the first week you are going to die from soreness at least I did lol stairs were extremely painful.. If you do decide to do insanity it will be a love/hate relationship!! you will love it because of the results you will c! I have lost so many inches in the first month! If you are trying to lose weight the first month you won't see much of a change in the scale at least I didn't I only lost 5 pounds at the end of month 1.
  • Cynnie20012
    Cynnie20012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nikky thank you SO MUCH for this. You gave me hope!!!!! Good luck to you!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    ...snip...
    - how much harder that is than RIpped 30 (if you've done it as well)?
    Insanity is considerably tougher than Ripped in 30, but don't let that scare you. Pushing yourself is kinda the point. No?
    - how to not get freaked out...Insanity sounds to me like some ultimate-athlete-challenge-not-for-us-weaklings...
    It is quite a challenge, and it is for "us weaklings". Its for any of us who are badass enough to give it a try. I think you are badass.
    - how to cope with the fact that in 2 months (60 days) I WILL have some few days (like a short trip) where I will not be able to work out everyday..
    Who cares if you can't do it every single day? Guess what... There are no INSANITY police who will come arrest you if you miss a day... Do it every day you can. And every day you do it, give it your ALL. Badasses don't half-*kitten* their workouts.

Now go be awesome!
    Thanks so much for your help!

You're welcome. :happy:
  • Cynnie20012
    Options
    Thanks!!!!! Great thoughts, you should be some motivational coach :)
  • SkaterGirl704
    SkaterGirl704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity. It is very challenging, but I did adapt to it. They have a fit test at the beginning. I do caution though that there is some people that did complain that they gained weight, or looked better, then there were some that became defined and lost lbs and inches. YMMV.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've done 30 Day Shred (which I believe is a bit easier than Ripped) before starting Insanity. It's challenging, but only in a good way. I felt that 30 DS got me to a good enough shape to cope with Insanity admirably:)

So don't be afraid. It's going to be alright! :D

Having daily workouts for a long period of time does sound a bit scary, but I'm 3 weeks in and I barely "noticed" it. It's really comforting to know exactly what you have to do on a particular day and not waste time wondering if you should work out or not, if the weather is good for jogging, and eventually trick yourself into not doing anything at all. As for holidays... just take holidays, come back and finish it! There's no time limit - your newly-found fitness is not going to disappear into thin air in a week:).
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!! Great thoughts, you should be some motivational coach :)

When are you planning to start Insanity? Ya never know... You may be able to get a Pal or two to take the challenge with you. Sometimes, all you have to do is ask.
  • Cynnie20012
    Options
    Hey,

I just found out about T25.. from the makers of Insanity.. It seems like it's a more natural evolution from Ripped in 30 to it..
    What do you think?

Instead of hitting serious Insanity maybe "heavy" 25 minute workouts from the same producer can be actually better?

Any experiences?