Im new & think I found what Ive wanted

Options
Hi Folks,
I've been exercising and eating clean for several years, other during the 9 months prior my wife delivering a new little baby boy last January. With her, I always seem to gain weight during her pregnancies. This is # 5 and she is doing awesome and is now about her prepreg wt (but she is worried that her weight loss will slow when her cycle returns).

I recommitted myself and have been running @ a 5 K 3-4 days a week. Problem is that I seem to be losing and gaining the same 5 pounds all summer. Several months ago, I've now started lifting weights again and I know my clothes fit better.

Still, that darn BMI says I'm 65 pounds from being not being obese or overweight (I'm not a big fan of BMIs for anyone weight lifting and think id be skin, muscle and bones if I gotI lost 35# to 195#) . I've decided my calories are still on the high side for at least non cardio days and needed an easy way to keep track. I suspect this app is just what the doctor ordered. Wish me luck.

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Gooooooood luck :-)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can definitely do this. Keep up the strength training because that may be the key to pushing past those pesky 5 lbs you keep losing & gaining. Also, try adding some distance to your runs or running faster just to shake things up.
  • thin4mykids
    Options
    I am so not the one that knows anything about weight lifting, but I do have friends that do an on off days they drink protein shakes an a couple have them every morning. Just a thought,good luck with everything! An congratulations on the baby!!!