Subway Problem (Help Needed)

Options
124»

Replies

• richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Have them scoop the inside, they do that at Jimmy Johns automatically with out asking, also seems everything stays in the sub better.
  • mo4xdamomma
    Options
    Have them scoop the inside, they do that at Jimmy Johns automatically with out asking, also seems everything stays in the sub better.

This is what I do. Im diabetic and feel horrible after I eat all the carbs in a Subway sandwich. Like you we live in a small town and there aren't a whole lot of options. I have them scoop it out and it really does help a lot!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Is it just lettuce or is spinach also out? If not, then just omit lettuce and pack it full of other tasty stuff. They will probably mean-mug you over the counter for this :smile:

What? You want 10 OLIVES?! :noway:

lol...this is so true at my local Subway. As if putting on a few more cucumbers is gonna throw their whole day off or something
    They're trained to cheap out on the costlier ingredients like black olives. I always end up standing there and repeating, "More olives, please!"
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    With limited selections there are things that you can eat at McD's or Taco Bell just look up the nutrition guides on each site to see what fits into your dietary needs/ restrictions. I have the same problem with my son except he's just super picky and I'm trying to eat healthier "on the go". Subway is my favorite but my son gets burned out on it so I have to have other choices or I have to make 2 stops.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You could let your wife eat the Subway and you could make your own meal at home.

Or perhaps she can go to HIS favorite place and watch HIM eat.

You know, sorta like what you're saying he should do for her.

That was a really stupid response. Not even going to sugar coat it.

The OP has stated that they live in a small town and Subway is a regular occurrence 1-2x a week. This doesn't sound like a date night or special occasion event, but a regular meal that does not seem to fit into his eating habits. So, rather than make himself attempt to fit something into his diet plan when it doesn't sound like he has to or even really wants to and make his wife skip what she wants, I would suggest letting his wife pick up her meal, since Subway is a fast-food joint and to-go is commonplace, and they can eat together at home and he can make what fits into his plan. I highly doubt the titillating atmosphere of eat-in Subway is too hard to pass up for eating at home.

I apologize.

I didn't realize that you were actually assuming that the OP didn't know that his wife could get her sandwich TO GO.

And I thought I underestimated people.
    lol wut?

You make no sense.

That stings, especially coming from a poster whose considered response is "lol wut?"
    At least you could understand what I said.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You could let your wife eat the Subway and you could make your own meal at home.

The OP has stated that they live in a small town and Subway is a regular occurrence 1-2x a week. This doesn't sound like a date night or special occasion event, but a regular meal that does not seem to fit into his eating habits. So, rather than make himself attempt to fit something into his diet plan when it doesn't sound like he has to or even really wants to and make his wife skip what she wants, I would suggest letting his wife pick up her meal, since Subway is a fast-food joint and to-go is commonplace, and they can eat together at home and he can make what fits into his plan. I highly doubt the titillating atmosphere of eat-in Subway is too hard to pass up for eating at home.

I apologize.

I didn't realize that you were actually assuming that the OP didn't know that his wife could get her sandwich TO GO.

lol wut?

You make no sense.

That stings, especially coming from a poster whose considered response is "lol wut?"

Haaahahaha! :drinker:
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

I apologize.

lol wut?

You make no sense.

It must be refreshing to be able to gang up on others in a forum!

I'm sorry you didn't understand me.

Cheers!
    :drinker:
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options

I apologize.

lol wut?

You make no sense.

Cheers!

I agree. It sounds like his wife is demanding he eat at subway solely because she wants to.
    Go somewhere you like. She doesn't always have to get her way.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Get a salad, double meat. Subway every week would make me sad, though.

As I said in OP. Due to a stomach issue, I can not eat salad. Processing lettuce is something my body does not due. Are you suggesting an all meat salad?

German's have created this amazing thing called, Fleischsalat.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I apologize.

lol wut?

You make no sense.

Cheers!
    You get nasty with another poster, people call you out on it and we're the bad guys.

Sounds about right.
  • fuzzieme
    Options

I apologize.

lol wut?

You make no sense.

Cheers!
    You get nasty with another poster, people call you out on it and we're the bad guys.

Sounds about right.

I hope you don't tell teacher on us, heh heh heh
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

I apologize.

lol wut?

You make no sense.

Cheers!

Sounds about right.

I think I'm a bit less upset than you two seem to think, but carry on.

And no, I'm not complaining about the "mean people" here, and all the wisdom they impart.

I lost all my weight (only 35 lbs, so nothing to brag about, to be sure) by exercise, and limiting my excesses.

I use this site to log my calories.

Oh, and for the entertainment.

The internet is a big place. There is no need to attempt to educate oneself via PUBLIC forums.

Good luck on your goals!
  • fuzzieme
    Options

I apologize.

lol wut?

You make no sense.

Cheers!

Sounds about right.

I think I'm a bit less upset than you two seem to think, but carry on.

And no, I'm not complaining about the "mean people" here, and all the wisdom they impart.

I lost all my weight (only 35 lbs, so nothing to brag about, to be sure) by exercise, and limiting my excesses.

I use this site to log my calories.

Oh, and for the entertainment.

Good luck on your goals!

As Arnie would say, "chill out"

Congratulations on your weight loss success
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Make that your night to both eat what you want. She gets Subway and you get something else? Or maybe suggest to her eating it less like twice a month instead of twice a week? Hm!