Any people 200+ lbs do INSANITY ?

Options
Im going start Insanity and Im weighing in at 243 lbs. Ive done it before at a much lighter weight and had results so I know it does work. This time I will have to do substitute moves because the obvious my knees and bones cant handle all that jumping at first.

For some extra motivation (Insanity is so hard and im debating all the reasons why I SHOULDNT do it..lol) I would like to see some pictures of anyone that has completed Insanity that weighed in over 200 lbs and maybe around 5'5".

Thanks!

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly. I am doing insanity with a male who is about your weight, but he is taller and has put on some muscle already
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics, but I did Insanity last year when I was a little over 220 lbs. I'm 5'9". I "only" lost 8 lbs, but I also lost inches from my chest, belly, waist and hips resulting in my going down a shirt size and a pant size.

Good luck and DIG DEEPER! :happy:
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was over 200 when I started Insanity, and am now 167.... (with Insanity (2 rounds), I lost a total of 37ish pounds)

My pictures are on my profile (both from rounds 1 and 2). I'm only 5'2" so may be a little different, but I still think it's completely doable and you should JUST DO IT :)

You know dig deeper, it's completely worth it and the results will be amazing!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I was over 200 when I started Insanity, and am now 167.... (with Insanity (2 rounds), I lost a total of 37ish pounds)

My pictures are on my profile (both from rounds 1 and 2). I'm only 5'2" so may be a little different, but I still think it's completely doable and you should JUST DO IT :)

You know dig deeper, it's completely worth it and the results will be amazing!

I love it! Thank you and great job!!!!!!

I just wanted the extra motivation to "dig deeper". Last time I did it I was at prob 225 and lost 16 lbs and only got through month 1 but I lost inches cuz my clothes all looked like they were swimming on me.

Im excited to try it after I get back from vacay this weekend.
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I did insanity when I was 260ish: current 214. I have one picture on my profile pictures in the whiteish dress of my back :-)
  • libelluler
    libelluler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was 250lbs/5'9" when I started Insanity. I lost a total of 16lbs and a TON of inches. I had to modify some things, but by the end I was able to do everything and it was an amazing program to show me how strong I was.
  • mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was 285 lbs at 6'1" (male). I have one more week to go and I am down to 260 lbs. I have never been lazy and was fat because I would do stuff to a buffet that you should only see on Animal Planet. I had almost done a P90X about 6 months before this one. And of course got lazy, and back to the Animal Planet filming. So after I got back from summer holidays it was time to smarten up. I started of slow. Had a week of prep. Worked out light and easy, stretched (P90X has a great stretching video) and some yoga to get my body used to moving again. Never had any knee, bone problems that a lot people say you will get from doing Insanity. Sure had a sweating problem, though. The cardio is 10X as intense as P90X. I have never felt more motivated than ever now. Sorry, no pics for now. I have some, somewhere but don't have time to look. Good luck and if you feel free to add me to your friends list if you wish.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    I was 250lbs/5'9" when I started Insanity. I lost a total of 16lbs and a TON of inches. I had to modify some things, but by the end I was able to do everything and it was an amazing program to show me how strong I was.

Amazing! Thanks. Im getting more and more excited!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    I was 285 lbs at 6'1" (male). I have one more week to go and I am down to 260 lbs. I have never been lazy and was fat because I would do stuff to a buffet that you should only see on Animal Planet. I had almost done a P90X about 6 months before this one. And of course got lazy, and back to the Animal Planet filming. So after I got back from summer holidays it was time to smarten up. I started of slow. Had a week of prep. Worked out light and easy, stretched (P90X has a great stretching video) and some yoga to get my body used to moving again. Never had any knee, bone problems that a lot people say you will get from doing Insanity. Sure had a sweating problem, though. The cardio is 10X as intense as P90X. I have never felt more motivated than ever now. Sorry, no pics for now. I have some, somewhere but don't have time to look. Good luck and if you feel free to add me to your friends list if you wish.
    haha funny! I never Animal Planet-ed anything...but I was lazy. Half by choice and half by sickness. Honestly Insanity has been the only dvd (have soooooo many) that has droped inches like crazy. and I was freakin sore everyday but I was doing stuff in 3 weeks that at week one could only do 1 of .

Great job on the decision to get healthY! :)
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Loved all the posts! thanks guys. IM stoked to start this program in a week. Wish me luck!
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Brilliant!! Pretty sure Im a chunky monkey for the same reason, I have always been active but have the appetite of a small whale. I love food, food loves me, we always have a great time together.

Back to the OP! Maybe ease yourself in with a couple of days of 30 day shred?
  • Devastatin
    Devastatin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity at 212. I found it to be hell on my joints. If you don't have any health issues, then it should be ok. But as the DVD's instruct you... you should speak to your doctor to ensure you will be ok. Your body can go into shock if you do insanity without any exercise before hand (its rare, but something you should be aware of).

Good luck!
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started last week (Sept. 9th) at 205. I lost 3 pounds the first week and can feel myself getting stronger every day (after the shock of muscle soreness wears off). I did the Les Mills Combat and Turbofire programs before starting Insanity, though. (Beginning of Combat started at 240, beginning of Turbofire started at 215) If anything I think completing some other program beforehand will get you used to the discipline of doing it every day and the type of schedule you will have to get used to. But I think it's going to be hard no matter when you start it or at whatever fitness level you start it. The point is you get better and better each day. I can't wait to post my (certain to be) amazing results when I'm done. I do have knee problems from an old injury, but I just land "soft" and modify as needed. So far so good!
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, no pics yet but am on my last week of insanity, I started at 207lbs am now down to 196lbs, I have had no injuries at all fro. This program and I also do it barefoot, it is hard going but you just need to go at your pace and concentrate on getting your form right, before this I had only worked out with EA sports active on my playstation. Now I think nothing of doing an Insanity workout and am looking forward to starting a round 2 :-D
  • orionuer
    orionuer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just started month 2 yesterday and currently weigh 202 at 5' 4. I actually added 2 lbs, starting out I was at 200 lbs. However, I have lost 3 inches all round and that is motivation in itself to keep me going. I haven't been following the meal plan and just cleaned up my diet for the first 2 weeks but fell off the healthy eating bandwagon over the past 2 weeks. I can already feel a great difference just from the way clothes fit and my overall energy levels so I am not so bummed out by the 2 lbs gain. My focus this month is to clean up my diet more, give it my all and start all over again because I already made the decision to do it for a second time.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options

Brilliant!! Pretty sure Im a chunky monkey for the same reason, I have always been active but have the appetite of a small whale. I love food, food loves me, we always have a great time together.

Back to the OP! Maybe ease yourself in with a couple of days of 30 day shred?

Lol so funny! :) Naw no ease. Im very lets just get it done, I can suck it up for an hour . Ive been exercising for a few months and feel stronger then I did when I started Insanity the last time. Im sure Ill die still on the first 5 min (warm-up) but itll just prove that I have so much more improving to do!

Excited to get some toning done. Looking forward to a new pant size!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    I just started month 2 yesterday and currently weigh 202 at 5' 4. I actually added 2 lbs, starting out I was at 200 lbs. However, I have lost 3 inches all round and that is motivation in itself to keep me going. I haven't been following the meal plan and just cleaned up my diet for the first 2 weeks but fell off the healthy eating bandwagon over the past 2 weeks. I can already feel a great difference just from the way clothes fit and my overall energy levels so I am not so bummed out by the 2 lbs gain. My focus this month is to clean up my diet more, give it my all and start all over again because I already made the decision to do it for a second time.
    Yay ! Go you! Month 2 -thats killer!
    Noone is perfect, if we were everyone would be models. lol.

Life gets in the way.just keep pushing play!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Hi, no pics yet but am on my last week of insanity, I started at 207lbs am now down to 196lbs, I have had no injuries at all fro. This program and I also do it barefoot, it is hard going but you just need to go at your pace and concentrate on getting your form right, before this I had only worked out with EA sports active on my playstation. Now I think nothing of doing an Insanity workout and am looking forward to starting a round 2 :-D
    Amazing! Congrats:)
  • MOEMOEONTHERADIO
    MOEMOEONTHERADIO Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I finished my first Insanity work out today. I weigh about 260 and an 5 ft 4. It took me three times to finish the whole day one but I did it. After reading this I am determined to push through and hopefully do it more than once. I am getting married in 13 months and I dont want to regret the way I look in wedding photos. Good Luck & Thanks everyone for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!