Insanity and..?

Options
So I've just started insanity but have a gym membership and wanted to do more. Is insanity and couch 2 5K too much? What would you recommend to do with insanity ?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    that combo is perfectly fine, but why do you need a gym membership to do C25k?
  • callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Having the same delima, i dont want to over do it. the first time i did Insanity i did a full work out in the am and the fit test in the pm and ended up pulling SEVERAL muscles!

I'd love to hear others feedback....

what i have been doing is light weights & cardio 2-3 times a week in the morning and Insanity in the afternoon
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I posted that same question almost 2 months ago, everyone told me that I should choose one or the other. I ended up choosing to do c25k first which has made a huge difference in my endurance. I tried doing insanity before that and couldnt do it, but I plan on starting again in November and I think I will do much better this time around.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    That is what I am doing
    I run in the morning and in the afternoon and at night I do Insanity
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    that combo is perfectly fine, but why do you need a gym membership to do C25k?

I don't. But I have a gym membership.
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When I posted that same question almost 2 months ago, everyone told me that I should choose one or the other. I ended up choosing to do c25k first which has made a huge difference in my endurance. I tried doing insanity before that and couldnt do it, but I plan on starting again in November and I think I will do much better this time around.

Yeah I did the fit test yesterday.. It's hard so ill do the best I can. Definitely out of shape haha
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    stick w Insanity, finish the program, then do C25K + weightlifting
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Insanity will be plenty to handle on its own. Take that extra energy and really focus on nutritional improvements. Preparing meals in advance for example.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Just listened to a podcast about Insanity today... http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/the_checkup/2013/09/the_checkup_the_insanity_workout_and_safe_fitness_routines.html
    Sounds like it leads to a lot of injuries, but much probably depends on one's age/joints/etc. I'd still probably try it, but I couldn't handle all of the jumping.

My gym actually offers a weekly Insanity class now.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Just listened to a podcast about Insanity today... http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/the_checkup/2013/09/the_checkup_the_insanity_workout_and_safe_fitness_routines.html
    Sounds like it leads to a lot of injuries, but much probably depends on one's age/joints/etc. I'd still probably try it, but I couldn't handle all of the jumping.

My gym actually offers a weekly Insanity class now.

Much like any workout regiment, the potential for injuries exists. One could make the same point about jogging, heavy lifting, and others.......that it can lead to injury (if not done properly).
    Insanity is no different. If you don't listen to your body, and if you don't do the moves properly, injuries can happen. The harm that comes with Insanity is that you feel compelled to push as hard as those on the screen and you push for a high rep count while executing poor form.