Slim-Fast

Options
Anybody doing it? I really don't want to hear about who doesn't agree with it just if anyone is. Or has and has got on with it.
:)

Please let me know!

Replies

• ezconklin
    Options
    I had great success about 10 years ago. I'd eat an egg sandwich for breakfast, SlimFast and an apple for lunch, a bag of Doritos for an afternoon snack (probably not the best choice) and a regular dinner - protein, carb & veggie. I also did weight lifting 2x a week, a Zumba class 1x and then walks/hikes when I could fit them into my schedule. I went from 182 in Feb to 138 in July. Then I became preggo... two kids and a bunch of years later here I am again. Good luck!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't do the whole slim fast program, but I have a slim fast almost everyday for lunch. That and a piece of fruit. It works for me because I don't have to try and figure out what to take for lunch every day . And I don't get hungry before supper. I have been doing it for a long time and have lost over 30 pounds. Good luck to you.
  • JenBot
    JenBot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did slim fast 10 years ago after my twins were born and lost all 42 pregnancy pounds in 3 months. It worked great. I unfortunately gained my weight back and tried it a few more times but it was a killer on my stomach so I stopped. Make sure you drink LOTs of water! Good lcuk
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I tried it years ago, just the shakes for breakfast and lunch and lost like 15-20lbs but it never stayed off once I switched to eating real food again.
  • bvincentelp
    bvincentelp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did the slim fast drinks for a while, dropped some pounds but nothing major or lasting, it always came back because I wasn't counting what else I was eating (fast food garbage and sodas) and I was not working out. It can be successful as part of a whole plan but not if you just rely on the slim fast products.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have it for breakfast a lot. I'm not very hungry in the morning and don't really care for breakfast, but if I don't eat then I'll get really hungry during class. So a shake is a nice little bit of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals, and it's less than 200 calories, which leaves a lot of room for lunch and dinner, which I enjoy much more.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I saw that on the Men who made us thinL and the result was the weight came back on. My guess is when the person started eating real food again.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It's a shake. If it helps you eat less and you can still get sufficient nutrition without binging as a result of feeling deprived, then go for it. Just don't expect magical results and don't forget to exercise.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If you read the label the first thing you will find is sugar.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The new slimfast shakes are not like before. I used to drink them for breakfast cause I don't like eating breakfast but when I drink them, I get hungry really quick. So now I stay away from them lol.