Hello!

Options
Hi everyone! Yes I'm NEW! :) I am getting married the end of July next year and am trying to gradually lose some flab!
I hit 40 and seemed to have lost the ability to stop eating junk after my son was born 3 years ago. The thing is I've never had problems with weight gain, and could always lose it fairly quickly, that was until I hit 40!!!
I was massive carrying my son, who was almost 11Lb at birth, and the weight I gained just seemed to stick around. I wasn't that bothered until I tried on some wedding dresses and hardly any would fasten at the back!
I also gave up smoking 10 months ago, and although I try not to eat instead, I know I do, and it's always chocolate or crisps, NEVER a bag of carrot sticks! hahahaha
Be nice making some friends on here, as I have none yet ... hope to get the motivation I need to do this and feel fab on my wedding day x

Replies

• Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! you will find so much support here and people in the same boat who will encourage you along the way xxx
  • davidcookfan
    davidcookfan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say Welcome as well. I joined MFP back in Sept. I am taking part of the weight lost challenge in my town. And i want to win. I think i am doing well. MFP is really helping me by counting my cal. for me. I love it and i know you will too. Good luck with your weight loss and your up amd coming wedding .
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You have found the right place to be. The website is very user friendly and the friends you gain to motivate you is the best. Congratulations on getting married and good luck on your weight loss journey,
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    welcome welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    welcome welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • KatieLou41
    Options
    :bigsmile: I feel very welcome already! Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    welcome :D
  • Inketydink
    Options
    Welcome ^^ Good luck, I'm sure you'll look great in time for your wedding :D
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    sorry for the double post. :laugh:
  • shannie_134
    Options
    Hello matey,glad you've joined,I have been here for about a month and its helped me
    Will fill you in later:heart: