Why do you enjoy cycling class?

Options
2»

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    And yeah, what is the difference between a cycling class and a spinning class?

Spinning is a brand name owned by Mad Dogg Athletics. A gym has to pay Mad Dogg Athletics to use the name, just as a gym that uses Cross Fit has to pay to use that name. This is why some gyms have Spin Classes and other call them Cycling Classes. It's a branding thing.
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your responses. I may give it another go on Thursday. Tonight I need to soak in the tub. The bike seat made my seat feel like it was beat. Seriously thinking there may be bruising. ouch!
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    Ok... So I went to my first cycle class today. The seat was horribly uncomfortable. How does anyone get used to it? My instructor said newbies need to come three times in one week to get used to it then there will be no discomfort. Really? I can try it on Thursday but not again until next week. Will the soreness really go away? If it won't... I think I will try other classes. I enjoy Zumba but cycling seems like a perpetual wedgie. I could have pushed myself more had it not hurt so bad. Do all of you cycles really like the class because you find it fun or just because you burn a ton of calories?

It will go away. I didn't think so after the first time I did it, but after a few days of walking funny, it did go away.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    And yeah, what is the difference between a cycling class and a spinning class?

Spinning is a brand name owned by Mad Dogg Athletics. A gym has to pay Mad Dogg Athletics to use the name, just as a gym that uses Cross Fit has to pay to use that name. This is why some gyms have Spin Classes and other call them Cycling Classes. It's a branding thing.
    This makes more sense! I did a little research (google is your friend) and found this site:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/studio-cycling-and-spinning.html

From what I've read, I would summarize by saying Spinning is a trade mark name for studio cycling (in doors on stationary bikes).