Breakfast is my #1 Objective

Options
2»

Replies

• 1111ace
    1111ace Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    [/quote]+1 for doing what seems right for you. I believe in breakfast. I know (from experience) I eat smarter all day if I eat a good breakfast.
    [/quote]

Thank you, should eat smarter for sure, a lot better than just an emergency donut on my break, geez.
  • 1111ace
    Options
    I will often have breakfast if I know lunch is going to be late and I don't want to find myself in temptation land and make a bad decision. I don't have breakfast on my work days as my lunch is scheduled early (11:30am) and I then have an afternoon snack instead. I think it's all about whatever suits your day :)

I have found my easiest breakfast options when I do have it are
    * hard boiled eggs (cooked the night before so in the fridge ready to grab)
    * avocado half
    *protein shake

Thanks for your nice feedback, I like to cook eggs ahead of time so there ready too. Sometimes I even peel and slice them too. I just have to stay consistent with good habits like that.

I wonder how it would work making my whole breakfast the night before, definitely food for thought thank you.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You're welcome Ace. I often boil six eggs and have them in the fridge. What I'm eating for lately, and I've only been back here for 2 weeks, is not going flakey. I'm eating for smooth energy. so even if I don't want breakfast I eat it. I don't get the jitters that way.

I am trying to make all my meals automatic. ie, eating the same thing, day after day. My sister is thin and she has eaten the same breakfast, morning tea and lunch every single day for forty years. She doesn't think about it and her body is utterly attuned to getting these regular little hits of energy all through the day. This is my aim: to do this. She doesn't eat a lot at each time, but for instance she has had a banana and a yoghurt for morning tea every day in living memory. and one slice of vogel's toast with butter and vegemite and a cup of tea for breakfast. Every day forever. She's locked these things into place and she doesn't have to think about them. They're just habit.

For me my weight has always been about having bad habits. so now I'm trying to change them, one habit at a time. :p

/end epic novel.
  • 1111ace
    Options
    You're welcome Ace. I often boil six eggs and have them in the fridge. What I'm eating for lately, and I've only been back here for 2 weeks, is not going flakey. I'm eating for smooth energy. so even if I don't want breakfast I eat it. I don't get the jitters that way.

I am trying to make all my meals automatic. ie, eating the same thing, day after day. My sister is thin and she has eaten the same breakfast, morning tea and lunch every single day for forty years. She doesn't think about it and her body is utterly attuned to getting these regular little hits of energy all through the day. This is my aim: to do this. She doesn't eat a lot at each time, but for instance she has had a banana and a yoghurt for morning tea every day in living memory. and one slice of vogel's toast with butter and vegemite and a cup of tea for breakfast. Every day forever. She's locked these things into place and she doesn't have to think about them. They're just habit.

For me my weight has always been about having bad habits. so now I'm trying to change them, one habit at a time. :p

/end epic novel.

Nice thank you Bridgie...I've definitely been thinking about making a set schedule for my meals. That's a great way to stay consistent and the less thinking I have to do the better, especially when bad choices are involved.