Breakfast Protein Recommendation?

Options
So, I've heard that having a protein shake for breakfast + a banana is good to cut calories.

I'm currently at 210 and want to cut down to 160.

What protein shake would you recommend?

Replies

• naurugirl
    naurugirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about pre-made shakes or powders? Powders are definitely cheaper (I like Met rx, good cal/protein ratio but doesn't dissolve the best). If you do made your own shakes, keep in mind that protein shakes are not necessarily low cal...when I'm bulking my morning shake has about 600cal! Of course you can make them low cal -- all you really need is water and protein powder (although this won't taste particularly awesome). I normally do some lowfat milk, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, some mixed frozen berries, a banana, fresh ginger root, spinach and lemon juice. It works out to about 450 cal with ~30g protein.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, natural chocolate. Has 130 calories and 24g protein per serving. I just mix it with an 8oz glass of milk to go along with my cereal and orange juice in the morning. 450-500 calories and about 40g protein. Stuff tastes pretty good and you can get it for $45-50 for 5lb tub. There are many other good choices out there as well, this is just my favorite.