Irritated and Depressed

Options
I am 5'3", my weight goes as follows:
2011 = 220lbs to 2012 = 133lbs to 2013= 170lbs. That's my story. Now I need to get from 170 to 120 before June 20, 2014. I need some support, more friends that have a similar goal. I need someone who is going to help me stay accountable. My goals are as follows=
October 1st= 165
November 1st= 157
December 1st= 149
January 1st= 141
February 1st= 133
March 1st= 125
April 1st= 120

I hope it is possible, I plan on being strict in my diet and exercise routine. But that is my problem, I will plan and not follow through, I tend to just fall off the wagon. It sucks. But now I am being serious, no more falling off the wagon, I'm here to stay.

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Only you can do this, we can help, but you have to want this. Also quit with dates, they never end well and it only will depress you more if you don't hit your goal.

Good luck.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Only you can do this, we can help, but you have to want this. Also quit with dates, they never end well and it only will depress you more if you don't hit your goal.

Good luck.

Thanks I know that I am the only one who can do this, I'm just tired of failing, especially since I've doe this before. As for the dates, I just want to make sure I am at that goal weight before June. That is my main objective.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Good luck.

Thanks I know that I am the only one who can do this, I'm just tired of failing, especially since I've doe this before. As for the dates, I just want to make sure I am at that goal weight before June. That is my main objective.

What happens when you have a few weeks where you don't lose or even gain?? I have, it's part of losing weight is going up and down.

What happens if you don't make that goal/date??

Just wondering....
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Were you injected with a slow-acting poison that will kill you if you're not at that weight on that date? :laugh:

Doing a "I need to lose X-amount by this date" never really ends well. Just let your body do what it does and help it along the way with eating better and exercising.
  • CountdownToBeth
    Options
    Were you injected with a slow-acting poison that will kill you if you're not at that weight on that date? :laugh:

Doing a "I need to lose X-amount by this date" never really ends well. Just let your body do what it does and help it along the way with eating better and exercising.

Lol that made me laugh. Im guilty of doing that too. It's really easy to fall of the wagon when you set yourself impossible dates to follow.
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My buddy and I have a program where our goal is to lose 6 pounds a month. Now that is dooable. It is slow but sure.
    We took out the junk food and the sugar then added in easy to do moderate excercise.
    It is working we are heading towards our first 20 pounds.
  • ihateyoga
    Options
    I am 5'3", my weight goes as follows:
    2011 = 220lbs to 2012 = 133lbs to 2013= 170lbs. That's my story. Now I need to get from 170 to 120 before June 20, 2014. I need some support, more friends that have a similar goal. I need someone who is going to help me stay accountable. My goals are as follows=
    October 1st= 165
    November 1st= 157
    December 1st= 149
    January 1st= 141
    February 1st= 133
    March 1st= 125
    April 1st= 120

I hope it is possible, I plan on being strict in my diet and exercise routine. But that is my problem, I will plan and not follow through, I tend to just fall off the wagon. It sucks. But now I am being serious, no more falling off the wagon, I'm here to stay.
    You once lost 77 lbs within a year. I'm sure you can do it again. However, I think we all need to put effort into maintaining the healthy weight once we reach the goal. So, we don't have to go through this frustration again and all the hard work won't be in vain. Good luck!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Well, best of luck. I have to be honest, expecting to lose 8 lbs in a month is A LOT...or 5 lbs in a month when you're so close to goal. I know you have a date in mind, but even if you don't reach 120, you'll still be at a smaller weight than you are now. When you set yourself up with this mind set it makes it really easy to get discouraged if you don't hit your goals.