just some thoughts

Options
I feel like so much of this journey is also about self discovery. I feel like I need to face things in my life that I never could before. To have a clear mind and devote all of myself to becoming healthy. But how do I let go of hurt that has affected my entire life? Where do I find the strength to just get over it and do something about it. I'm not happy with who I am psychically right now, but its hard to get out of this "frump" that I'm in. I really hope that I can actually stick this out..to be stronger then I normally am...

Replies

• stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    OH JEEZ, you sound like me some time ago. The very words almost - did you copy me? I would tell anyone who would listen just how funky my frump was, how down and out I was and how I could not make it; how I hated how I looked. You may not believe it now, but its gonna go away as long as you keep stepping to make it happen. Trust me. It was a personal journey for me, and it was a journey cause it didn't happen overnight, but I learned to love me and I am basically happy, and looking back, I will NEVER go back to that. Sending you a hug, and start working now, ok? (meditate on it if you will)
  • 314dada
    Options
     It is understood that the launch of the latest Air Force 1 with

tannins made<a href="http://www.cheapukair.com/nike-air-max-classic-bw-c-41.html">air max classic bw mens</a> ​​popular this season , build 2011 Nike Air Force 1 Low

Premium Denim design<a href="http://www.cheapukair.com/nike-air-max-plus-c-47.html">air max plus uk</a> shoes, with yellow car suture , in stark contrast

to the trend of increasing texture. Tongue out of the cortical plate

and tannins fabric complement each other, I believe hot Aidan Ning

friends will love .
  • Lkkiser3
    Lkkiser3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well its good to hear that it can be done! Its very tiring though. I really hope I make it!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I feel like so much of this journey is also about self discovery. I feel like I need to face things in my life that I never could before. To have a clear mind and devote all of myself to becoming healthy. But how do I let go of hurt that has affected my entire life? Where do I find the strength to just get over it and do something about it. I'm not happy with who I am psychically right now, but its hard to get out of this "frump" that I'm in. I really hope that I can actually stick this out..to be stronger then I normally am...

You'll get stronger by doing it. One day at a time you'll prove yourself and the negativity wrong. Then one day you'll wake up and feel strong :)
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
     It is understood that the launch of the latest Air Force 1 with

tannins made<a href="http://www.cheapukair.com/nike-air-max-classic-bw-c-41.html">air max classic bw mens</a> ​​popular this season , build 2011 Nike Air Force 1 Low

Premium Denim design<a href="http://www.cheapukair.com/nike-air-max-plus-c-47.html">air max plus uk</a> shoes, with yellow car suture , in stark contrast

to the trend of increasing texture. Tongue out of the cortical plate

and tannins fabric complement each other, I believe hot Aidan Ning

friends will love .

Um HUH???........possibly wrong forum?, maybe even wrong planet.
  • airfern
    airfern Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew the answers. I can really relate to what you're saying, especially waking up to what a total life/self exploration this all is. Hang in there. You're worth the hard work!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Well its good to hear that it can be done! Its very tiring though. I really hope I make it!

Not as tiring as being unhealthy and unhappy and in a "frump"....

We all have hurt, honey. We don't have to keep hurting ourselves too.
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree that a lot of this is self discovery. It's also been a very spiritual journey for me. The self discovery for me is pushing myself to see what I am capable of. It's incredible. I don't think weight loss in many cases is a physical challenge as much as it is a mental one.

As far as letting go of the hurt, it's 100% about forgiveness. When you've forgiven, everything that you were holding on to is let go of, and you do it to free yourself, not to make the people who hurt you feel better. It's an inward desire and action rather than an outward one. Many times the people who have hurt us deeply don't realize it or have long after moved on with their lives. You have to forgive for yourself, not for them. You will be a happier, healthier person if you do.

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-forgive-someone-when-its-hard-30-tips-to-let-go-of-anger/

#16 is particularly profound for me. '

As for getting out of a "frump" take it one day and sometimes even one moment at a time. When you are feeling down, do something that will make yourself proud. For me, it has been making TONS of really small goals that I can achieve weekly and TONS of milestone goals. It feels fantastic when I get them crossed off my list! It makes me feel strong, motivated and proud of my accomplishments even though they are small. All of my goals started off small so that they were achievable and habit building. It has been amazing. Sometimes we are looking at the big picture when we decide what we want to do, but I try to focus more on simply putting one foot in front of the other when I am climbing a mountain! When I am exercising, and it's hard, I just think about how much further ahead I am than if I had stayed home on the couch.

You will get there. It will be hard. You will get stronger. It will be incredible!

Message me if you need some encouragement!