Weight loss after gall bladder surgery

Options
It's been almost a month post gall bladder removal and I'm struggling to get on track....I've lost 70 pounds so far. But I'm stuck. Foods that were always my go tos or safe no longer react well with my digestive system. Anyone have similar issues after gb surgery? How long did it take for you to get back to "normal" or did you have to completely change they way you eat? Fruits and veggies are not my friends right now...so I either suffer through the consequences if I eat them or I find myself eating things I normally wouldn't and then a whole new slew of problems.... So frustrated....I was so on track before all of this. Any advice is welcomed!

Replies

• Sara_Jane_78
    Options
    It's been a little over two months since my Gall Bladder Surgery. I hadn't started my weight loss journey prior to my surgery mind you, but I too have found that my body reacts differently to certain foods post operation. If I eat raw veggies or fruit I'm in agonizing pain. I've found that if I use an over the counter "gas reliever" it helps with the stomach cramps. I might try beano to see if that helps as I'm unsure what I'm going to eat if I can't get the pain under control.

I was about a month getting back on my feet post operation. I found that I had no appetite at all the first two weeks, then I would get full very quickly after that. I believe it takes the body quite some time to bounce back from the anasthetic more so than the actual surgery.

I know I'm not very helpful, but best wishes and if you have any tips for me, please pass them on as well!